NC Leaf Owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if NC owners have seen this, but I found this deal too good to pass up:

http://www.pluginnc.com/resource/nissan-10000-rebate-north-carolina-residents/

Combined with a 2016 demo vehicle that already had a nice incentive on it, and figuring in federal tax credit, and a horribly small trade in, I picked up a new LEAF for about $14K. This is an SV with 30kWh battery. Wow! I had not realized just how degraded my battery had become apparently. It is amazing how far this car will go. Very much worth it.

BenTheRighteous said:
Lance, what dealership did you go to that gave you such a nice deal? One in the triangle region I hope?

Michael Jordan Nissan in Durham. Loving the new car. Between moving much closer to work, the newer, larger battery and 6.6kW charging, I only have to plug in about once a week now.

Interesting! I've been talking with them already. The sales rep told me they couldn't combine the $8.5k 'last year's model' incentive with the $10k plug in NC incentive. However, your experience would seem to indicate otherwise, thanks for the info.

BenTheRighteous said:
Interesting! I've been talking with them already. The sales rep told me they couldn't combine the $8.5k 'last year's model' incentive with the $10k plug in NC incentive. However, your experience would seem to indicate otherwise, thanks for the info.

No, that's probably correct.

My incentives were as follows:

$10K plug in NC incentive
$7500 federal tax credit (admittedly I haven't received this until I file my taxes)
$2500 incentive for the car being a demo vehicle. Originally this was listed on their site as a $7500 incentive, but $4000 of that was already a Nissan incentive, so didn't stack with the $10K plug in NC incentive.

So I may have left $1000 or so on the table even!

Yeah whoops, I realized my mistake when I reread your post and saw you factored in the federal rebate. That was about the same amount as the 'last year' rebate from the dealer, so I think I just assumed the thing that I wanted to be true. :)

Regardless, I'm still confused on how they're going to move their 2016s when they don't even beat the price of the 2017s!

Hi All-
Just got my 2013 SV delivered from Carvana.com this weekend and so far it's been great. I'm in Carrboro and commute to Durham for work, so it's a pretty perfect fit for most of my driving. I was seeing so many of them on the road that I had to take the plunge myself. A friend of mine has a LEAF and her husband was very helpful in sorting through all of the options and avoid potential pitfalls with a used LEAF.
My previous car was a 17-year-old Oldsmobile Alero, so this is a big step forward! We also have a Honda Odyssey, so that will serve our needs for longer trips and the daily school drop-off/pick-up routine.

Hey everyone,

New to this forum. Purchased my 2013 SL in August 2016 with 27K miles on it. Now up to 35K miles and loving it. It's great for my commute to work.

Just got my 2018 LEAF! Very happy with it so far.

I am in the market for the cargo organizer and the all weather floor mats, if anyone has theirs that they don't want/need and they're new or mostly new.

I am selling the new carpet floor mats or will trade for either of the above.

Hey all!

I'm new to the EV community, in general, but have lived in NC for a few years with the USMC and now outside of the military. I'm currently working on a summer project for my MBA centered on improving the EV charging experience. Would anyone on the forum have time to chat? I'd love to glean some insights on your experiences charging in hopes of improving it for the future! Thank you!

-nate

nateval said:
Hey all!

I'm new to the EV community, in general, but have lived in NC for a few years with the USMC and now outside of the military. I'm currently working on a summer project for my MBA centered on improving the EV charging experience. Would anyone on the forum have time to chat? I'd love to glean some insights on your experiences charging in hopes of improving it for the future! Thank you!

-nate
Hello Nate, and welcome the forum and EV community! And thank you for your service!

There are a lot of requests for participation in various EV-related surveys on this and other forums (fora?), so I think you’ll find some reluctance to engage in such things without transparency about who’s collecting the information and for what purpose. And several of these have been for MBA projects like you state.

Let me suggest an alternative and likely far more productive approach: there is a boatload of information already in this and other EV-related forums that frankly answer your questions already. Before starting another rehashing of information, do your homework in the threads and focus your specific concerns in areas of project interest. What you don’t find we’ll be happy to contribute to, but leverage the vast amount of detailed information, opinions, facts, and alternate facts already here. The “Search” function works also.

Lastly, there is EV charging, then there is EV charging. There are lots of practical options for various EV’s, public stations, and destination chargers. And things vary considerably across national boundaries. Again, please bring your understanding to a level beyond simple familiarity by taking advantage of what has already been done and documented.

Then let’s have some spirited (charged?) conversations!

Nate, welcome to the community. Feel free to reach out. There are probably better (more active) sites that you can use to reach out to potential EV owners and I can point you in the right direction.

Wow, the NC forum is dead. I'm from Greenville. 22SV+ Deep Blue Pearl. Not a single DCFC in Greenville but I guess that's fine for me since I can charge at home but sucks for people visiting Greenville for Pirate games and such.

Very true. There are at least a few L2 charging options (probably not ideal for going to a football game), and there are several options in different directions heading into and out of Greenville, but yes, nothing right in town.

BTW, I have started a new site to track fastchargers if you want to check it out:

https://fastcharger.info
https://forum.fastcharger.info

lpickup said:
Very true. There are at least a few L2 charging options (probably not ideal for going to a football game), and there are several options in different directions heading into and out of Greenville, but yes, nothing right in town.

BTW, I have started a new site to track fastchargers if you want to check it out:

https://fastcharger.info
https://forum.fastcharger.info

Of course right after I made my post on Jan 27th, Greenville Nissan is back in the DCFC game with a new ABB unit! I was able to charge at 20wh for free and after hours. The charger is in the same location as the old one and is often blocked by the service dept. The unit appears to only be capable of 25kw per ABB's website but at least it's something.

Fast forward til May and we are really enjoying our Leaf. (over 4000 miles already) My 15 year old is even learning to drive with it! 95% of our charging is at home but we travel to Beaufort often and take advantage of the FREE level 2 charging at the Boat House even though the Leaf 62 will drive from Greenville to Beaufort and back home on a single charge easily.

Back