I went to go look at a Leaf for a friend - LeafSpy in case others are intested

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightmb

I visited Echopark Automotive Birmingham in Alabama to check out a Leaf for a friend. It was a 2019 SL Plus, Red color. I did a test drive, went through every part of the Leaf looking for issues or broken stuff. Tested every button, features, knob, looked under the hood, checked the 12V battery, tires, etc. Overall, the Leaf was well taken care of by it's previous owner.

The only reason I'm posting this here is that the dealership was very helpful and in the end, my friend decided to buy elsewhere. I told them I would send them my LeafSpy screen-shot so maybe the next person would have an easier time deciding if they wanted to buy or not. I'm not trying to *sell* this Leaf for them, but if anyone close to their area is looking for a good used Leaf, you might give them a call. I'm sure anyone can search engine this dealership, I'm not going to post up links about it. :lol:

Here is the LeafSpy screen-shot for it during my test drive.

HDTuqT2.png

Not so bad that I wouldn't buy it, but I worry about a 20+ mV delta on my battery pack...and this one is a 30+ mV delta (and that's at a decent SoC). It looks like cell pair #79 is the culprit, but it's hard to tell with such a large vertical axis scale. Need a smaller scale to spot those bad cell pairs!

Have to 2nd that. I always only look at mine on the 50 mV scale. Makes anything stand out TALL

But at the same time, 31 mV at 80% SOC is not a lot to worry about.

I've seen much worse, like my wife's Leaf, but I think this could be balanced out with a few controlled deep discharge and recharges. With so few QC and a flawless interior and exterior, I was confident my friend would be pleased with the condition of it. It's under priced market wise but only because it was a rural area dealership.

I have an idea of what Hx of 75% means in my 2013 LEAF; what does it mean in in a 2019 ?

Regarding a low cell: sometimes it can be 'fixed', and sometimes it cannot. Nissan has had a rash of cars manufactured with a low voltage cell I interpret as crappy QA. I would not be quick to ignore that finding.

SageBrush said:
I have an idea of what Hx of 75% means in my 2013 LEAF; what does it mean in in a 2019 ?

Regarding a low cell: sometimes it can be 'fixed', and sometimes it cannot. Nissan has had a rash of cars manufactured with a low voltage cell I interpret as crappy QA. I would not be quick to ignore that finding.

About the only thing it means is low DC charging. For those who use DC "regularly" which pretty much means at all, Hx is typically well over 100 for the first few years.

This car is slightly over the curve based in estimated time and miles though.

Back