The Expanse - formerly on SyFy, now an Amazon Original

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is this awesome recap video of the last episode (and whole serires) by Alt Shift X. It was posted on the Amazon UK youtube channel in January, but ASX put it up on their own channel.

It has spoilers, so obviously don't watch until you've seen the whole series. But it does a good job of tying what you see to the books the material came from, and highlighting what is to come when the final books (and novellas) get adapted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXXURibCm40

I only read the final novella 2 weeks ago (when it came out). It was a great capstone to the book series. If you haven't read any of the novellas, they've all been published in a single volume called Memory's Legion. They are still best read in publication order (e.g., the books interspaced with the appropriate novellas). As shown in this video, they've been incorporated into TV series.

LeftieBiker said:
Is there any plan to adapt the last books?

The authors (who wrote the books and the show) have said yes in postings on reddit in r/TheExpanse. But in a vague way "in the future" and possibly in a different form (some people think this means movies).

The timeline on the show is changed from the books. This is hinted at in the above video, where at 6:22 it shows that Clarissa has 5 years to live. The 7th book takes place much farther in the future than that, and in it Xan is still the same apparent age. Given that they've already cast kids as Xan and Cara, they can't wait too long to film the rest of the books without changing something.

Back