PG&E proposes another rate hike in 2023 - 18% - to boost wildfire safety

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danrjones said:
LeftieBiker said:
Five years. Fusion power is perpetually just five years away, at least as a pilot project.

I thought the joke was 20. I've actually seen some of the newest results, and they are encouraging. They have a pellet version that drops a fuel pellet, it gets blasted by lasers in the center of a chamber, and the reaction appears to be energy positive (I think they said).

BUT, they have yet to develop a continuous feed system for MORE pellets, or find a way to absorb / harness the energy released from the pellet; so while as a model it works great, they have a long way to engineer an actual power plant. If ever, with that design.

As someone who keeps up with that part of energy physics, there have been net positive fusion tests since last year. It was never a matter of "is it possible" as the Sun has being doing this 24/7 for a billion years, it's actually being able to do anything with it that is the real challenge once you figure out the design and material science needed to create the machine. It takes a ton of energy to start the fusion and even though the net energy is positive, it's only sustained for mere seconds. Once the fuel sources become big enough to sustain longest fusions, then multiple machines can be built to help "feed" one another to keep energy going as the fuel source is added.

DRmClQo.jpg

California Public Utilities Commission approves 13% PG&E rate hike
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/california/pge-rate-hike-approved/3374159/

Back