Marktm
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 14 May 2021
Leaf Number: 022737

Re: Setec Vehicle-to-Load 6 kW Discharge Inverter

Leftie - you could try using the Setec with a center tapped transformer - a good match is actually the APC/Schneider SURT 003. I've thought of doing that, but right now I have my propane genset hooked up until the dcbel system gets resolved as I want solar inputs also. Note that the transformer input is a single phase 220/240 VAC L6-30P and one of the outputs is a NEMA 14-30R with separate neutrals/grounds that match standard US split phase systems (along with a bunch of 120 VAC 3-prong outlets).

This is the downside of split phase US power - will need a 100 pound, but efficient transformer and ramp up the voltage to the max stable value of the Setec. I agree, the unit might be the only, but maybe not the best solution right now.
2012 Leaf SL
2021 Leaf SV Plus
LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Unfortunately, the price of the Setec alone would only be within my reach if the winning bid was near the opening bid. The cost of the transformer unit would break my bank - too many other things I need to spend money on right now. Good luck with the auction.
Brilliant Silver 2021 Leaf SV40 W/ Pro Pilot & Protection
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 2 lithium E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
V2X
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 06 Nov 2020
Leaf Number: 332433

Thanks Mark & Leftie for the comments and suggestions. I decided to cancel the auction, replace the receptacle with a NEMA 6-50R, and then see about selling the Setec together with the Leaf locally. I think the ultimate buyer of this will just want V2L for emergencies or remote power supply at 120V, using the included step-down transformer. In hindsight I probalby should have gotten the 120V version @ 3kW from Setec.

Return to “Private For Sale, Want To Buy”