Disable VSP sound by software

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disabling the "door ajar" chime should be easy - just remove the screw that holds the switch in place to get at it.

I would guess that the switch is in the closed position when the plunger is up, which causes the chime to activate. So, you just need to figure out how to keep the switch in the open position all the time. Probably a small piece of electrical tape, applied to the right contact, would do that. Otherwise, you can likely just unplug the wire...

Has anyone tried this successfully on a 2022 model? I have a leaf s plus and connected up via wifi-obdii adapter. scrolled to the service settings and toggled all the sound buttons, but my car still makes those annoying beeps.
am i doing it wrong? or did they change something on the 2022s?

chennu said:
Has anyone tried this successfully on a 2022 model? I have a leaf s plus and connected up via wifi-obdii adapter. scrolled to the service settings and toggled all the sound buttons, but my car still makes those annoying beeps.
am i doing it wrong? or did they change something on the 2022s?

I’m wondering the same thing. When I try to disable any sound on my 2022, it just starts right back up again a few seconds later.

so I ended up wrapping the speakers with some foam and lots of black gaffer tape (no residue kind). It substantially reduces the sound output. the car sounds like my 2011 Leaf used to sound (volume wise)

chennu said:
so I ended up wrapping the speakers with some foam and lots of black gaffer tape (no residue kind). It substantially reduces the sound output. the car sounds like my 2011 Leaf used to sound (volume wise)

How did you get access to the speakers? The bumper gap is very narrow.

i got my teenager to do the taping. Her hands are a lot narrower and smaller than mine. Even so, she ended up with some scrapes. She was a good sport about it :)

sorry to resurrect this old thread, but i have a few questions that is related to the VSP menu in LeafSpy Pro:

- beyond the checkboxes for the enable/disable sounds, two buttons appear once the VSP settings are "ready" to be changed (i.e. no "not supported error"). one is a horn/speaker and the other is... i'm not sure what it is... what do these buttons do?

- if the settings to turn on/off the various sound work and appears to have been stored correctly, but the actual sounds don't come back on (either external or internal), whats the best way to troubleshoot? i'm seeing that the light on the dash (near the airbag light) will function accordingly and light up when external sounds are off, and turn off when they are supposedly on. however, the external vehicle sounds do not play at all (low speed whine or backup beeps). i manage to *sometimes* get the car startup chime to work from inside the car, but that doesn't always work either.

Back