Question about a LEAF For Sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
babbles said:
is the 2011 leaf able to use the EV& SERVICES APP, or is it carwings ? thanks!
The '11/'12 Leafs also have several other downfalls depending on where you live, which I'm sure are noted in Leftie's buyer's guide. I personally wouldn't suggest one unless you know what you're getting into.

jjeff said:
The '11/'12 Leafs also have several other downfalls depending on where you live, which I'm sure are noted in Leftie's buyer's guide. I personally wouldn't suggest one unless you know what you're getting into.
Only where the battery pack is concerned...and that's only if it hasn't already been replaced under warranty with a newer pack.
With the exception of a dead/useless TCU (which can be replaced with OVMS), the early Leafs are actually quite reliable (and attractive price-wise).

Stanton said:
jjeff said:
Only where the battery pack is concerned...and that's only if it hasn't already been replaced under warranty with a newer pack.
With the exception of a dead/useless TCU (which can be replaced with OVMS), the early Leafs are actually quite reliable (and attractive price-wise).
And no factory ability to turn off the heat when it's cool out and no built-in SOC meter and early '11's generally don't have a battery heater.
Don't get me wrong, I kinda like my '12 other than it's poor battery but there are caveats with it too, just want to make sure the OP doesn't expect something on it thats standard on later(post '12) Leafs :)
It does have a few features not found on later Leafs such as dash adjustable headlights and slightly more power than later gen1 Leafs and a lighter interior if you like that sort of thing, I personally prefer a darker interior though.

jjeff said:
Stanton said:
jjeff said:
And no factory ability to turn off the heat when it's cool out and no built-in SOC meter and early '11's generally don't have a battery heater.
Don't get me wrong, I kinda like my '12 other than it's poor battery but there are caveats with it too, just want to make sure the OP doesn't expect something on it thats standard on later(post '12) Leafs :)
It does have a few features not found on later Leafs such as dash adjustable headlights and slightly more power than later gen1 Leafs and a lighter interior if you like that sort of thing, I personally prefer a darker interior though.
For the record:
1) The "no factory ability to turn off the heat" thing is solved by Tor's heater mod
2) "No built-in SOC meter" is solved by a Dala's CAN-bridge (which you would need anyway if you do a battery upgrade)
And don't forget about the "factory ability" to turn the VSP on/off and charge to 80%. Personally, I like the light interior and extra power, but my intention is not to start a "feature war"...especially when it requires third party mods to address some of these things.

LeftieBiker said:
Is Tor's switch mod still available to buy? I thought it was not.

AFAIK it hasn't for a year or more. I have one in mine I purchased and installed many years ago and truthfully in a colder climate I wouldn't be caught dead without it. Without it you cannot even run the fan to defrost the windows or just get air movement without the energy hog heater starting up :(

Stanton said:
jjeff said:

Has OVMS been upgraded to 4G+ ?
Does it support cabin pre-conditioning in any LEAF models ? In the 2013 Model year ?

Addendum: Found one answer: YES to 4G.

SageBrush said:
Stanton said:
jjeff said:

Has OVMS been upgraded to 4G+ ?
Does it support cabin pre-conditioning in any LEAF models ? In the 2013 Model year ?

Addendum: Found one answer: YES to 4G.
Yes all gen1 Leafs support cabin conditioning, I only use the timer method and both my '12 and '13 have that feature and I use it frequently, never used the 3G/4G method so I can't speak for it.

Back