DougWantsALeaf
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811

Re: Autonomous Vehicles, LEAF and others...

Attached with a proprietary connector...except in Europe.
2019 S Plus (93.3% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (89.9% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh
gcrouse
Delivery Date: 03 Apr 2017

cwerdna wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:48 amWaymo?
Yes! That's the one.
cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa6uCew5TWs
From the description:

"Watch us welcome our first group of riders in San Francisco to experience the magic of a fully driverless ride. Want to take a ride of your own? Sign up today at https://getcruise.com"

'22 Niro EV
'19 Bolt Premier (bought back by GM)
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
gcrouse

https://jalopnik.com/this-tesla-using-f ... 506189/amp

I think this speaks volumes about how far both the technology and people using it aren't ready for prime time yet. It reminds me of the Adaptive Cruise Control on a Toyota i rented while out at school and i made the grim joke to fellow classmates that with how much it seems to try to steer me out of my lane - it felt like it was designed by Dr. Kevorkian.
LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Suuurre it 'wouldn't of hit em'. The worst my Leaf does is steer onto the white lines, and then scold ME about it.
Brilliant Silver 2021 Leaf SV40 W/ Pro Pilot & Protection
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 2 lithium E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
gcrouse

LeftieBiker wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:50 am Suuurre it 'wouldn't of hit em'. The worst my Leaf does is steer onto the white lines, and then scold ME about it.
That's exactly what I wasn't comfortable with with the Toyota's adaptive cruise control is that i was constantly steering against it to stay in my lane and i wasn't really sure how to get it to just be the regular cruise control that I'm used to.
OldManCan
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 07 Dec 2021
Leaf Number: 553784

gcrouse wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:35 am
LeftieBiker wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:50 am Suuurre it 'wouldn't of hit em'. The worst my Leaf does is steer onto the white lines, and then scold ME about it.
That's exactly what I wasn't comfortable with with the Toyota's adaptive cruise control is that i was constantly steering against it to stay in my lane and i wasn't really sure how to get it to just be the regular cruise control that I'm used to.
I also experienced this in a brand new RAV4 I rented last summer. It was unnerving. My LEAF is quite ok with lane tracking and thankfully there is a button to disable lane tracking aspect in ProPilot while keeping the adaptive cruise control if that is what is preferred.
2022 SL+
SoCal
gcrouse

OldManCan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:48 am
gcrouse wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:35 am
I also experienced this in a brand new RAV4 I rented last summer. It was unnerving. My LEAF is quite ok with lane tracking and thankfully there is a button to disable lane tracking aspect in ProPilot while keeping the adaptive cruise control if that is what is preferred.
I'm glad it's not just me because it was extremely awkward with the amount of oversteer it would have trying to send me into other lanes - instead of LTA they should call it DUI mode because i felt like a driver's Ed teacher trying to coach a drunk driver on how to keep it between the lines.
LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

My Gen 2 Leafs haven't 'ping-ponged' like that. Just a little line crossing, and white lines only.
Brilliant Silver 2021 Leaf SV40 W/ Pro Pilot & Protection
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 2 lithium E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
OldManCan
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 07 Dec 2021
Leaf Number: 553784

Only time I have to do strong corrective action is when I'm on the right lane on the freeway and come across an exit but want to go straight (ie keep on the freeway). I find that the LEAF will get confused at the last minute where the road splits which is totally understandable.

I also find I need to a be a little more careful when I'm driving in a lane separated on one side with flexible pylons (see below). It appears the LEAF senses them as a larger presence, maybe thinks its a vehicle on next lane riding right on my white lane so rather than centering the lane it seems to favor to be a little closer to the white line on the other side.

2022 SL+
SoCal

Return to “Off-Topic”