thinking of a 2015 leaf, located in the Toronto

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2010g37x

The used LEAF shopping is a proper review. thank you for that.

I am thinking of targetting the 2015 leaf. I am located in the Toronto area. colder climates, and not so hot summers. a few days are pretty hot but not much. I don't know why the basic S model for the 2015 interior looks so horrible compared to the SV.

Any how, my main question is...in Canada where I am located perhaps then maybe the USA is the battery easily replaceable? i mean in the future if the battery degrades enough for me to think doing a "swap".

Take care,

It will likely be possible in the future to have an EV shop install at least a used 40kwh battery in a Gen 1.5 Leaf. It won't be very common, or inexpensive, but it should be possible. It's possible now, in fact.

I strongly suggest that you look for an un-optioned SV instead of an S. Why? because the SV will have a heat pump, and that would really help you, with your Canadian weather. It increases Winter range substantially when the temps are above 0C, and still helps down to about -5C.

2010g37x said:
Any how, my main question is...in Canada where I am located perhaps then maybe the USA is the battery easily replaceable? i mean in the future if the battery degrades enough for me to think doing a "swap".
You can check this website (https://nissanleafbatteryreplacement.com/), but I know that one of the better known "battery swap shops" is located in Montreal.

As Stanton mentioned, Quebec is definitely your most likely locale. However, IMHO, it's going to cost more than it's worth doing.

I live in Vancouver and, short of a miracle on the price front, I'll be buying a newer used LEAF rather than getting a pack upgrade. Gambling on old electronics, while paying $15k CAD for a replacement pack, makes no sense to me.

Back