iOS Version of LeafSpy Pro development discussion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo3 said:
That bug is due to the addition of gauges which is not in the Android version.
I understand. It's still quite unusual that it happened on two phones. I've changed logging interval to 10 seconds (from 5). Maybe I've changed some other setting as well. Anyhow, it woks again on my second phone. Will try with the first as well.

Turbo3 said:
With gauges you actually get a second high speed version of the LeafSpy CAN engine which supports reading data for only the items being displayed. This can result in very high gauge update rates (many times a second) depending on what is displayed. The standard CAN engine cycles through almost all items even those not being displayed making the refresh rate in the 5 to 10 second area. The bug was caused by switching between these two engines as you changed the screen you were looking at.

Once gauges are added the new high speed CAN engine is used when a custom screen is being displayed. So custom screens without any gauges will also see a speed up depending on what is being displayed.
Talking about speeding up things, I'd like to know whether it's possible to speed up things, for those wanting to keep Log files, if skipping writing Cell 1 to Cell 96 voltage into Log file. For example, adding one checkbox in Log file section which, when checked, would skip writing each cell voltage data to the log. Under normal circumstances this data is not needed, but it takes some processor time, effort and space to write it to the log.

Back