Tesla Cybertruck

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tesla Cybertruck will have Neuralink Controls! What is Neuralink, you may ask? Even if the Cybertruck is not on Autopilot, you'll still be able to control it without using the steering wheel. Intrigued? I invite you to check it out:
https://youtu.be/kAbDnhkC6Wc

lilly said:
I invite you to check it out:
MOD action: I merged these two video posts to the Cybertruck thread. We don't need new threads for your Youtube videos making unsubstantiated claims.

LeftieBiker said:
I agree. She is basically trolling for views.

I've got a memory loss problem, so I forget things I've done (sometimes things I did just hours ago). I didn't remember this user, but when I searched their past posts, I realized I've commented on their trolling before:
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23472&p=574624#p574641
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30665&p=573976#p573986
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=29593&p=561527#p561559

danrjones said:
So what do folks here make of the news that Tesla removed details and pricing for the cyberTruck off their website?
I make it out to mean Tesla has over 1.5M Cybertruck orders; i.e., orders made now might not be filled until 2026.
Unwise to specify price or configuration that far out.

sparky said:
danrjones said:
So what do folks here make of the news that Tesla removed details and pricing for the cyberTruck off their website?
I make it out to mean Tesla has over 1.5M Cybertruck orders; i.e., orders made now might not be filled until 2026.

Yeah I have a 2002 f150 and I was hoping to hold out, but I have pretty much decided that I might as well get a new used (2018-ish) truck for the next few years, because it is going to be 4 years anyway before my number even comes up.

danrjones said:
sparky said:
danrjones said:

Yeah I have a 2002 f150 and I was hoping to hold out, but I have pretty much decided that I might as well get a new used (2018-ish) truck for the next few years, because it is going to be 4 years anyway before my number even comes up.

Yah. We have one on order as well and I think we are down around that 400,000 ish Mark. But knowing it is that far away we chose to down size the trailer (mostly cause we need something to get off and on the channel island ferries easy) and can tow it with a Model Y. The model Y is on order and the trailer is on order. Both should be here by April. At that time (or maybe a couple months after camping) we’ll reassess wether to keep our reservation active or get our money back. It would be overkill for a little teardrop trailer.

webeleafowners said:
danrjones said:
sparky said:

Yah. We have one on order as well and I think we are down around that 400,000 ish Mark. But knowing it is that far away we chose to down size the trailer (mostly cause we need something to get off and on the channel island ferries easy) and can tow it with a Model Y. The model Y is on order and the trailer is on order. Both should be here by April. At that time (or maybe a couple months after camping) we’ll reassess wether to keep our reservation active or get our money back. It would be overkill for a little teardrop trailer.

Well I think you are WAY ahead of me. My reservation number is 11429XXXX, and I think according to the tracker, that puts me close to the 1.4 million mark. So I've got a few years.

danrjones said:
They just removed the link at the top of the page. It's still listed under the "Menu" at the top right.

jlv said:
danrjones said:
They just removed the link at the top of the page. It's still listed under the "Menu" at the top right.

I was referring to the fact they removed trims, prices and such. They even removed the pre order for self driving.

danrjones said:
webeleafowners said:
danrjones said:

Well I think you are WAY ahead of me. My reservation number is 11429XXXX, and I think according to the tracker, that puts me close to the 1.4 million mark. So I've got a few years.

Well, take heart in knowing that when we cancel our Cybertruck you’ll be one position closer. Really don’t want to but trying to get back to a one car household.

danrjones said:
I was referring to the fact they removed trims, prices and such. They even removed the pre order for self driving.
Ah, I didn't realize that. IMHO, it was completely bogus for Tesla to have even had those there, since the final specs of this still aren't known (after years). I see they replaced it with the message:
You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in 2022.
Given that they are building the factory to build these, 2022 seems at last like a real date for production to be "near". That makes 2023 the likely earliest real customers might get one, and we start hearing about panel gaps and the like.

danrjones said:

Tesla reservation numbers are not numerical representing position in the queue. There is no way to see your place in line based on the RN. But once they start production the reservation list will go fast for 3 and 2 motor variants. Single motor may have to wait a bit longer. But based on public statements, we are still about a year away from first deliveries, so I'm not expecting to receive my reservation placed the day after the reveal event until 2023.

palmermd said:
danrjones said:

Tesla reservation numbers are not numerical representing position in the queue. There is no way to see your place in line based on the RN. But once they start production the reservation list will go fast for 3 and 2 motor variants. Single motor may have to wait a bit longer. But based on public statements, we are still about a year away from first deliveries, so I'm not expecting to receive my reservation placed the day after the reveal event until 2023.

My order was for Tri

Not because I want 0-60 in insanely short time periods, I would be perfectly happy with 0-60 in 7 seconds. But because I want the range. even now their are vast areas of the West I can't get to in an EV. And if you add a trailer... it gets really bad.

I would actually be happier with a single motor or dual motor long range version. I understand performance and range end up being somewhat coupled but I wish I didn't have to pay for what I don't want.

Back