Just recently signed up - Question about buying a used Leaf from the Phoenix area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GRA said:
How Much Range Does an Electric Car Lose Each Year?
All EVs offer a multitude of measures used to slow down the process of battery degradation. However, the process is inevitable.

https://insideevs.com/features/539278/electric-car-ev-degradation-battery/

And that contains some poorly written advice. Take this:

If possible, try to leave your EV plugged in if it's sitting for an extended period of time in the summer months. If you drive a Nissan Leaf or another EV without liquid-cooled batteries, try to keep them in a shady area on the hotter days.
Do not keep your LEAF plugged in all the time, as that will result in draining the 12V battery (because of the weak way Nissan charges the 12V).

^^^. Indeed, in a car like post 2013? LEAFs that can't limit the charge %. I'd say it was correct as general advice for a BEV with a TMS and the ability to set the max. charge %, which excludes the LEAF.

GerryAZ said:
That Inside EVs article is very misleading--I recommend against adding it to LeftieBiker's LEAF buying guide.

That won't be happening, don't worry. Unless you meant linking both documents in one post, which I have no control over unless it's my post.

Back