Screen protector for 2018+ Leaf? Any experience?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillmj24

Wish I had a hosting site to post my pics on.

It is sometimes unacceptably glare-ing in my car, almost as if zero tint from the factory. Not sure I want to tint windows in a 2 year leased car (3 maybe...).

Any experience with a glass protector like this one? Does it help with the glare?

Sometimes I need my hand cupped over the screen to see anything, at full brightness.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0798MFLQH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_W4XRG3X68Z8B2A0ZP0SB

gillmj24 said:
Wish I had a hosting site to post my pics on.

It is sometimes unacceptably glare-ing in my car, almost as if zero tint from the factory. Not sure I want to tint windows in a 2 year leased car (3 maybe...).

Any experience with a glass protector like this one? Does it help with the glare?

Sometimes I need my hand cupped over the screen to see anything, at full brightness.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0798MFLQH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_W4XRG3X68Z8B2A0ZP0SB

According to the customer review, "The item was supposed to be anti glare but it was actually worse glare than my display without the screen protector."

Looks like the majority of the glare will be coming from the passenger-side front or rear windows. You might try one of those roll-down mesh shades on that side to see if it helps. They're fairly inexpensive.

I got a 4 pack of universal cling on mesh shades that stick to the windows.

They're really not safe on the front windows while driving. I'll just put them up while parked, on sunny days. The rear ones can stay on full time.

I'll post my glare shots to imgur later.

The screens on the older LEAF navigation systems could be adjusted to different angles to minimize glare (and the glass seemed less reflective). These newer, bigger screens are fixed and the angle is such that there is a lot of glare from light on the passenger side reflecting toward the driver. I have not yet found a solution except to shade the screen with my hand when I need to see it clearly. The newer center screen is one item I dislike on my 2019 and now it is starting to fail (volume control knob is failing and the screen reboots itself once in a while).

Back