2019 leaf no going into gear

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frontrangeleaf said:
knightmb said:
Don't know how it is on the new Leaf models, but the older ones (like I have) can still go into drive the second the I power it on (well I would say it takes at least 1 second after power on) even while it is still doing the screen checks and such before the start sound even finishes. :mrgreen:

Wait. Are you saying it goes into drive all by itself? That would be disconcerting. Definitely not acceptable.
A typo on my part, I can put the vehicle into drive/reverse within a second of powering on and not even waiting for the screen checks and welcome sound to finish.

Now that I have the Gen 2 Leaf, I found I can disable all the start animations and gauge checks to drive off immediately as well. :D

Now that I have the Gen 2 Leaf, I found I can disable all the start animations and gauge checks to drive off immediately as well.

How do you do this? evidently the Owners Manual is above my pay grade, but watching the Leaf drive toward me upon startup is getting old.....

Hmmm. I have zero need for zero wait to drive off.

Separating those operations strikes me as thoroughly sound policy. I think that's a bug, not a feature.

What are you saving? 5 seconds? 2?

What are you saving? 5 seconds? 2?

You are right that the time is not going to hurt anyone, but we have a Juke which has push-button start which, when pushed, starts and you can drive away. It seems like an electric vehicle could do the same.... one thousand, 2 thousand, three thousand, 4 thousand, while stupid antics play out on the screen...... annoying more than harmful.

dmacarthur said:
You are right that the time is not going to hurt anyone, but we have a Juke which has push-button start which, when pushed, starts and you can drive away. It seems like an electric vehicle could do the same.... one thousand, 2 thousand, three thousand, 4 thousand, while stupid antics play out on the screen...... annoying more than harmful.
May I suggest it would more productive to put the time and effort of complaining into changing your buckling habit instead ?

Around 20 years ago I made the change. It was not difficult, it has made me safer on the road, and I've skipped 20 years of annoyance ... and counting.

dmacarthur said:
Now that I have the Gen 2 Leaf, I found I can disable all the start animations and gauge checks to drive off immediately as well.

How do you do this? evidently the Owners Manual is above my pay grade, but watching the Leaf drive toward me upon startup is getting old.....
Here is where to find those effects and turn them off to speed up startup time. Then you can switch into Drive/Reverse about as fast as you can press the power button and then move your hand fast enough to move the puck into D or R. :shock:
Note: This is on my 2020, might be different on earlier year models. :?

Customize Display
rVy35VL.jpg

Welcome Effect - Turn Off Both
1QuVsQi.jpg

On my 2017 Leaf I push the button, then fasten my seat belt then go. It engages while the little start 'song' is still playing and before the reverse screen lights up on the dash. That's plenty fast for me.

Here is where to find those effects and turn them off to speed up startup time. Then you can switch into Drive/Reverse about as fast as you can press the power button and then move your hand fast enough to move the puck into D or R. :shock:
Note: This is on my 2020, might be different on earlier year models.

Thank you sir, does not seem too hard and your avoidance of "helpful commentary" is appreciated...

Back