Broken Nissan Leaf: T/M system malfunction

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olegmishyn

Hi, 1 week ago got an error on the display: t/m system malfunction.

First, I had googled and have found info about the problem with 12v battery and I changed it, but this didn't help.
We tried to clean error using special laptop (and with leaf spy pro) - without any success.

Can't find any relevant information according to this problem (only forum posts about dead 12v battery).

For now car is on the autoservice for 3 days and it seems like they will return it to me with the same issue.

Maybe someone had the same issue and can help with advice where to find the problem?

THank you

It's very likely the 12V battery (accumulator? Was that a Google translation?)

Did you fully charge the new 12V battery before having it installed in the LEAF?

alozzy said:

Did you fully charge the new 12V battery before having it installed in the LEAF?

I mean 12v battery.

We checked the battery voltage in the store before set up.

olegmishyn said:
alozzy said:

I mean 12v battery.

Under a load? That's all that matters. It may show 12V+ sitting on the shelf. How about after it was installed in the car? Do you have a voltmeter? A battery charger?

I was having odd issues with my '12. I didn't want to just run out and get another battery, even though my load tester gave a questionable result.

So I hooked my old battery charger to the battery cables, put it on 12v-- and the problem went away. So, it was time for a new battery.

They don't make batteries like they used to it seems. My dad got one that was faulty from the get go.

when you change the battery you may still need to reset faults in leafspy, get an obd2 dongle and leafspy if you havent yet before taking the car to a shop and paying money.

alozzy said:
...(accumulator? Was that a Google translation?) ...

An old term for rechargeable battery, from back in the telegraph to early automotive days.

I imagine it's still referred to that way in some places or languages. It's an accurate description.

rpiotro said:
olegmishyn said:
alozzy said:

I mean 12v battery.

Under a load? That's all that matters. It may show 12V+ sitting on the shelf. How about after it was installed in the car? Do you have a voltmeter? A battery charger?

yes, but this didn't help. Car is on autoservice for 14 days and they can't find the issue.

Any ideas?

olegmishyn said:
rpiotro said:
olegmishyn said:
I mean 12v battery.

yes, but this didn't help. Car is on autoservice for 14 days and they can't find the issue.

Any ideas?

Post a screenshot of all of the DTCs from LEAFSpy, that remain after you clear codes.

Thank you for the follow up of your issue.

The T/M warning relates to the Electronic Shift Control System and in the event of a fault there should be DTCs related to that system as listed in the Transaxle and Transmission (TM) section of the Factory Service Manual. It is quite a complicated combination of sensors, switches, actuators and control modules as seen in the block diagram.

dHqoPxN.png

Back