Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GerryAZ said:
goldbrick said:
Apologizes in advance for a really stupid question.....but do I need to do anything to update LSP? Does it auto update every time it starts when in wifi range, or is there a procedure I need to follow to update the app?
I am not sure about automatic updates because I have my Android devices set to avoid automatic updates. Therefore, I go into Google Play Store and check for updates once in a while and then download like any other update. I am also a Beta tester, but believe the updates are released for general use after beta testers verify that there are no issues.

That is hilarious! I have auto updates on and most of the apps as in like nearly all of them don't update. To be fair, I have it set to download on wi fi only which is the case 20+ hours a day...

Can leaf spy disable the reverse chime on the 2020? I'm hoping to just get a confirmation and not start any discussions on whether or not it should be done. Thanks!

Constellation said:
Can leaf spy disable the reverse chime on the 2020? I'm hoping to just get a confirmation and not start any discussions on whether or not it should be done. Thanks!

Not legal here so no. Tried it and it didn't work. In fact, from what I can tell, none of the disable sound options worked but I wasn't paying that much attention and I am not a fan of "stealth" mode

Tried to get the OBDII (bluetooth) adapter from my previous 2012 to my new 2021 leaf plus to work, but it would not communicate to my LeafSpy app. Is there something I need to reset in the app? Or does the OBDII needs updating?

Marktm said:
Tried to get the OBDII (bluetooth) adapter from my previous 2012 to my new 2021 leaf plus to work, but it would not communicate to my LeafSpy app. Is there something I need to reset in the app? Or does the OBDII needs updating?

Make sure you are running the latest version of LEAF Spy Pro. I did not have problems moving my OBDII adapter from 2011 to 2015 and then to 2019, but I did need to use the latest version because 2018 and later LEAFs have some communication differences.

Speaking of OBDII port readers, at some point - either '20 or '21 - they reoriented the port. Now, instead of the label on the reader facing the driver's door, the port on my '21 is oriented so the label faces (IIRC) toward the seat front. I know they rotated it 90 degrees, I'm just not 100% sure which way the label faces.

GerryAZ said:
Marktm said:
Tried it again this morning - it worked fine - go figure.

Enjoy your new car! What were your initial LEAF Spy readings?

These are the readings that I will typically log, so that I can graph the battery condition:
Ahr - 175.11
SOH - 99.27
Hx - 97.66
Avg VDC - 401.03
Batt temp - 81 oF
SOC - 97.8
GIDs - 758
Miles - 22

The dealer did not charge the car and the battery only showed 3% capacity. I charged it to 100% with a reading of 59.8 kWh on my OpenEVSE charge controller. I'm so used to charging every night, now I'm not sure when the next session will be - but I'm going to use the timer and 80% max. I checked the Michellin tires - over 45 psi from the dealer! I let them down to 44 psi and likely go even further to 40-42 when they are settled in.

So far, I have to agree that the accelerator mapping is not as much fun as my 2012 was, however, the fit/finish/instruments/ride/roominess all are great. Got my wife to drive it - a no brainer.

Marktm said:
GerryAZ said:
Marktm said:

These are the readings that I will typically log, so that I can graph the battery condition:
Ahr - 175.11
SOH - 99.27
Hx - 97.66
Avg VDC - 401.03
Batt temp - 81 oF
SOC - 97.8
GIDs - 758
Miles - 22

The dealer did not charge the car and the battery only showed 3% capacity. I charged it to 100% with a reading of 59.8 kWh on my OpenEVSE charge controller. I'm so used to charging every night, now I'm not sure when the next session will be - but I'm going to use the timer and 80% max. I checked the Michellin tires - over 45 psi from the dealer! I let them down to 44 psi and likely go even further to 40-42 when they are settled in.

So far, I have to agree that the accelerator mapping is not as much fun as my 2012 was, however, the fit/finish/instruments/ride/roominess all are great. Got my wife to drive it - a no brainer.
Your initial readings are similar to what mine were except your GID number at full charge is higher than mine. My initial readings at 64 miles were: AHr=175.15, SOH=99.29%, Hx=98.19%. Readings after first full charge were: Odometer=189, AHr=174.99, SOH=99.20%, Hx=98.95%, V=399.44, GID=730. The highest GID reading I ever saw was 737. Readings after over 20 months and 30k miles: Odometer=30,324, AHr=164.46, SOH=93.23%, Hx=98.95%, V=403.05, GID=702.

For best acceleration, try to feather the accelerator by pressing the pedal just enough to get full kW and then press progressively as car picks up speed. I now charge every 2 to 4 days, depending upon distance driven and needs for the next day instead of every night with the previous cars.

Marktm said:
GerryAZ said:
Marktm said:

Ahr - 175.11
SOH - 99.27
Hx - 97.66
Avg VDC - 401.03
Batt temp - 81 oF
SOC - 97.8
GIDs - 758
Miles - 22

Might have to do a few full charges then check your GIDs. BMS changes now "reports" 100% SOC now (or very near it) and I do have my doubts about that but I picked mine up from the dealer at 99.3% and didn't have any reason to do full charges for several weeks so the next 5 only charged between 97.5 and 98.7%. Then came April where I charged to full 3 times. 98.3%, 99.5% and 100.0%

Cell balance achieved? LOL... don't think so...

I have just started out with my first EV, a Leaf Tekna 30kWh with 18k on the clock.

I have installed the Leaf Spy Pro on my Samsung S7 running Superman ROM but I am finding that the first page does not show the cell status graph. It is empty. I have the battery stats and all other fields in all the other pages seem filled, but just not this all-important graph.

Any ideas and help, please?

Jonners59 said:
I have just started out with my first EV, a Leaf Tekna 30kWh with 18k on the clock.

I have installed the Leaf Spy Pro on my Samsung S7 running Superman ROM but I am finding that the first page does not show the cell status graph. It is empty. I have the battery stats and all other fields in all the other pages seem filled, but just not this all-important graph.

Any ideas and help, please?

You are using a hacked phone? If half the app works, the first thing you need to do is upd...oh wait? never mind.

Solved!
Go into LeafSpy Pro settings and ensure the experimental brake and motor page are not ticked.
I did tick the show Service Page though not necessary I believe.
Then close the app.
I then, for good measure went in to the phone's settings -> Applications -> LeafSpy Pro
I ticked Force Stop
And then in memory ticked Clear Cache

Then restarted the app and connected back and was great.

Marktm said:

I just got my 2021 and would like to try LeafSpy.
See various level of user success on newer vehicles and with Android phones.

Wondering what OBDII transceiver you used and if one can still disable the forward/backup sounds.
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Back