Dashboard Message I Had Never Seen Before

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobkart

Earlier this year, I was stopped at a light and went to adjust the clock for Daylight Saving. Partway through that process, the light turned green, and I headed off. I got this message when I started to move.

4I0edHp.jpg

(The message stayed on long enough for me to take a picture at the next light.)

Quite simply it means what it says. You're not supposed to be fiddling with settings while the car is in motion. Just pay attention and drive. Please!

I know what it means . . . just passing it on. Some may have never seen it, or have different experiences under similar conditions (model-year variations, or firmware revisions perhaps).

bobkart said:
LeftieBiker said:
I've seen it on the infotainment screen, I think.
That's interesting, because you'd think that passengers are just as able to access that as the driver.

I got it in the context of trying to initiate a phone call from the phone book. I also thought that about passengers.

I'm half-seriously waiting for someone to chime in that it uses the Occupant Classification System to decide if it will allow such interactions with the vehicle while underway.

Back