Any suggestion on where to buy side-view mirror visor for my lovely Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahyar

Hi friends,
I am looking to buy a side-view mirror visor for Leaf (2020) to keep the mirror relatively dry while it is raining. Any suggestions?

Are visors generic for most vehicles or is the one for the lovely leaf different?

Thank you in advance guys. :mrgreen:

Oh my god . I meant visor :D :lol:
like this one:
61SoCtOu4bL._AC_SX425_.jpg

They're also called side mirror Rain Guards.
I'm only aware of universal sizes that fit most cars and trucks. They come in different colors, textures, etc and you can find them in stores like walmart or online at amazon, ebay, etc.

henrydehoja said:
They're also called side mirror Rain Guards.
I'm only aware of universal sizes that fit most cars and trucks. They come in different colors, textures, etc and you can find them in stores like walmart or online at amazon, ebay, etc.

Thanks. Didn't know the other name. Do you think there is way to guard the four cameras as well in the rain? a simple (ugly) DIY is also fine :D

mahyar said:
Do you think there is way to guard the four cameras as well in the rain? a simple (ugly) DIY is also fine :D
Not that would keep rain off, just something that can't be helped. Then after the rain, dust/pollen gets all over the lenses and you have to wipe it down. I've tried using RainX and stuff to repeal water, but mother nature still has her way with them getting dirty :lol:

Ah, I see what you mean now.

I have only seen side camera covers for Teslas, not Nissans. And based on their design, I think those covers are only for physical protection, not for rain/dust protection.

For a DIY camera protection against water, you can try using the stick-on type side mirror waterproof films. They look like a big phone screen protector. You will need to cut them to shape, fit and stick on your camera lens. I have only seen them sold online. However, they are meant to go on a flat (mirror) surface, so I am not sure if they will hold well on the curved camera lens.

knightmb said:
mahyar said:
Do you think there is way to guard the four cameras as well in the rain? a simple (ugly) DIY is also fine :D
Not that would keep rain off, just something that can't be helped. Then after the rain, dust/pollen gets all over the lenses and you have to wipe it down. I've tried using RainX and stuff to repeal water, but mother nature still has her way with them getting dirty :lol:

:lol: :lol: Mother nature :D
Can do something after that. Just want to be able to drive well while its raining. Especially the rear camera.

henrydehoja said:
Ah, I see what you mean now.

I have only seen side camera covers for Teslas, not Nissans. And based on their design, I think those covers are only for physical protection, not for rain/dust protection.

For a DIY camera protection against water, you can try using the stick-on type side mirror waterproof films. They look like a big phone screen protector. You will need to cut them to shape, fit and stick on your camera lens. I have only seen them sold online. However, they are meant to go on a flat (mirror) surface, so I am not sure if they will hold well on the curved camera lens.

Good point. Do these films decrease picture quality (suppose on flat surface)?

You can see for yourself in online videos.
Go to youtube and search "side mirror waterproof film", and you will see plenty of videos on the product.

Back