Tall, overweight people in a first gen?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdevidal

Will a 350 pound six foot person fit comfortably, easy in and out?

Considering buying a first gen Leaf for my in-laws, but my mother-in-law wouldn't go for it unless my sister-in-law can fit comfortably and get in and out easily. She is on the heavy side. She's losing weight and of course, I don't ask, so assume up to 350 pounds. I think she's 300 but assume 350 to be safe. And she's tall, about six feet.

cdevidal said:

Considering buying a first gen Leaf for my in-laws, but my mother-in-law wouldn't go for it unless my sister-in-law can fit comfortably and get in and out easily. She is on the heavy side. She's losing weight and of course, I don't ask, so assume up to 350 pounds. I think she's 300 but assume 350 to be safe. And she's tall, about six feet.

What vehicle are they currently using that she is comfortable in? I think it is possible to look up the seat and cabin dimensions to compare the two vehicles.

knightmb said:
cdevidal said:

What vehicle are they currently using that she is comfortable in? I think it is possible to look up the seat and cabin dimensions to compare the two vehicles.

2003 Ford Escape, a small SUV. I will look them up and compare, thanks.

The front seats should be fine and the rear as well as long as the front seats aren't all the way back. It helps the rear doors open almost 90 degrees to make getting in and out easier. Oh and for larger people you can only really get 2 in the back without the center person getting squished.
All in all I can think of a lot of vehicles(think chevy volt and bolt) that are a heck of a lot more cramped than the Leaf.

Talk only goes so far for these type of questions. She needs to try out the car.

That said, I doubt the interior dimensions are a problem. Getting in and out of a car lower to the ground may.

Back