A tale of two chargers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here's the promised photo. It ain't pretty but it works and didn't cost much. Note the granny adapter hanging from the 120v socket just in case we need a trickle charge someday. The breaker panel is barely visible on the upper left. So just under a four-foot conduit run from the junction box he installed right under the panel.

All you fancy Tesla types can laugh all you want at my hack-a-billy rig, but with the money I saved I bought myself a really sweet guitar. Now wifey is happy and hubby is too!

Attachments

• EVSE 2.jpeg
    EVSE 2.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 25
Nice outcome. Congrats!

I was reading the other day a thread over at TMC by a fellow hoping for salvation from a quote of $1,800 for a 14-50r install 3 feet from his panel. That was in Oakland, CA.

SageBrush said:
Nice outcome. Congrats!

I was reading the other day a thread over at TMC by a fellow hoping for salvation from a quote of $1,800 for a 14-50r install 3 feet from his panel. That was in Oakland, CA.

Whoa! Here in Boise the going rate for a real, licensed, bonded, and insured electrician is $90 an hour. Our breaker panel had empty spaces for the 50a — or is it spelled 50A? — breaker and I had sent him a bunch of photos of exactly what I wanted and where. Took two hours including one trip for a needed part to Home Depot two miles away.

Back