Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally sat in a MachE today. It was a Premium trim small battery rwd.

The interior feel was excellent. Seats were so comfortable, and fit and finish were great. I can see why this car is getting good reviews. I think my wife would like the slightly higher seating position too (compared to the leaf, though 50/50 on the glass roof). The big middle screen really isn't that imposing. Rear legroom was a few inches better than the Leaf with a bit deeper floor. I cold see the rear being a bit more comfortable or the 3 kids. It felt really tempting... until I opened the trunk. With the high floor, the MaxhE felt like it had half the storage space of a Leaf. If we had no kids, I might not care. I have no idea how you put more than 2 medium large suit cases in the back (yes I know one roller fits in the frunk, but that barely helps). Still, it felt great. The window efficiency was very similar to the Leaf. Given this is a heavier car on wider wheels, not too shabby.

Overall I think Ford did a pretty good job. If our son ends up needing a car (meaning we would need a replacement), we might look at it his as an option.

More comfortable for the kids!!??!! When I was a kid I often had to ride in the back "seat" of a Volvo P1800S. The seat was real enough, if small, but the roof was about 3' above it, and anyone larger than a toddler had to stretch out, angled, across the entire rear seat. It was a genuine 3 passenger car. And don't ask about how we got into drive-ins for free in the station wagon... Anyway, I actually had a reservation to sit in one of these too, but I forgot about it, and probably wouldn't have gone at the time anyway. One thing I always liked about Fords, as opposed to GM cars, was that the seats seemed normal and comfortable. GM seats always seemed to be built for square people, with square butts.

Fixed.

Correct, again if we had no kids, not a big deal. But with 3 kids, you can't usually count in the rear seats being open to fold down.

As I say that, now that 2 of them drive, it is actually getting easier again... crazy that with our first leaf the younger ones were in car seats/boosters.

We seriously considered The Mach-e, but the Ford dealers were so obnoxious that my wife nixed the idea. She never wanted to go back to any of the Ford dealers again, ever. Aside from that, the Mach-e select trim with the Comfort&Technology package looks like the way to go. That has the same tech (and essential heated seats and steering wheel..) as the premium model but at a lower price. Pretty much all it's missing is the big glass roof, but since that doesn't have a sunshade I'm not sure we'd want that. Also, I have seen references to the premium trim's cargo volume actually being smaller than the 29.6 cubic feet advertised - that is for the select trim with smaller battery. I'm not sure if that is entirely accurate, but the diagrams of the battery do show an extra hump in the back for the long range model, so it could be. In any case, I agree that the rear trunk space felt about the same as my Leaf+, and I parked them side-by-side to compare.

That said, we loved several features of the Mach-e. The interior is really nice. Oddly enough, we absolutely loved the doors. The feature where they pop out and are held there is great for kids, since they often just grab the frame of the door anyway. This way, the door never slams back on them. The drainable frunk looks really useful as well. A perfect place to put muddy boots and gear.

I just read an article that said early Mach-e's have a 12V battery drain issue while charging the main battery--software update will fix it. Why is it so hard for EV manufacturers to keep the 12V batteries charged?

The worst part is at least a couple dozen can't charge at home via 240V.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/home-level-2-charger-issues.3656/

Someone crashed one already. Appears to still have dealer plates.

Maybe its just a quality control issue? :lol:

bb114fe9e3468697875580d717291163

There are more photos of it, it appears to have damage to at least three sides. so it either got sandwiched or it rolled? But EVs are not suppose to roll. And the roof looks mostly OK.

I'd be so sad though if I had just bought it. :(

From the above:

The Ford Mustang Mach-E is, at first glance, what a new car is supposed to be in 2021. On the outside, it applies iconic Mustang styling to a family-friendly but sporty crossover, the fastest-growing car segment in the United States. On the inside, it takes after Tesla’s Model 3, with a full-body moonroof and a glowing screen, larger than an iPad, mounted in the dashboard. And underneath, it’s all electric, offering 480 horsepower, 305 miles of EPA-estimated range, and zero greenhouse-gas emissions. With essentially instantaneous acceleration, a smooth ride, and a roomy back seat, it’s ideal for young families and adventurous retirees—

Wait—is this a car review in The Atlantic? No, an august magazine like The Atlantic doesn’t do car reviews. This is what we in the biz call an “ideas piece,” a story that articulates an important new idea that’s changing our world. It will also tell you whether the car is any good or not.

The phrase "Scrap If Dropped" appears on numerous parts under the frunk. Very weird.

Sandy and the Munro Live Team dismantle the frunk to discover a mess!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1dQtlrI7uU

I see them daily now in Chicagoland.

I am taking my wife for a test drive soon...though I am Hoping she can wait to try the Ionic 5 before making any decisions. I really Ike the idea of solar powering the traction battery, even though the car would be garaged much of the time.

We see them daily up here in BC. The local ford dealer seems to sell them fairly quickly when they can get them. Yesterday we watched 2 white and one dark silver get unloaded from a truck. Not a bad looking car but kinda goofy inside with the big knob on the screen. Still, nice car. We are still going with the model Y as our next car but it was worth a look.

Back