Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
farflung said:
2020 SV with Weather and Technology pkgs

27,400 + tax, lic and fees

Should total about 21,200 after the federal tax credit.

Not sure if that's the best deal, but it was the best I could find within 200 miles.

Man, I can't stand dealerships! I walked in pre-financed and it still took 3 hours. Part of their ploy to wear you down I guess. They know if you're tired, hangry, and losing patience you're more likely to agree to their overpriced add-ons.

Anyway, absolutely LOVE the car!

Yep, paperwork galore. Fastest deal I ever did was my 2010 Prius purchased on special promo deal. Picked it up May 9th, 2009. Price was set months before and it was a cash transaction and still took 90 mins. I will say I have had some great experiences with Campbell Nissan in Everett WA. Had a few that were almost as quick.

The April incentives were too great to pass up, so I bought a new 2020 SV+ w/ tech and sold my 2015 Leaf S to Carmax.

The total price was $27,400 and taxes and license brought OTD price to $31,300. Federal and state incentives bring this down about $22k.

This turned out to be a very inexpensive upgrade. Even though I loved my 2015, this new model is better in just about every way. I'm extremely happy with the purchase. The only thing I don't like is how much louder and more annoying the VSP is vs the 2015.

The state rebate in CA is $2000, but there was also a $1500 state discount (clean fuel reward) taken at point of sale that's already included in my price.

DaveinOlyWA said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
Fantastic price. Any state discounts where you live?

Based on his user name, I think its $2500?

Got my first Leaf this week, a 2021 SL+ for $35130 + TTL. Net $25130 after CO state and federal tax incentives.

Getting apples-to-apples quotes was something of a pain. Several dealers were advertising a price net of the state tax incentive, which I thought was deceptive.

Loving it so far.

Purchased 2021 SL+ with additional $1,150 in Manufacturer options for $37,144 +TTL in Albuquerque on May 22. Only one available in town, so maybe paid a tad too much - but love the premium goodies. Car much better than I expected and a joy to drive on free solar panel sunbeams.
No state rebate in NM but am def eligible for $7500 fed refund. :D

tomas47 said:
Purchased 2021 SL+ with additional $1,150 in Manufacturer options for $37,144 +TTL in Albuquerque on May 22. Only one available in town, so maybe paid a tad too much - but love the premium goodies. Car much better than I expected and a joy to drive on free solar panel sunbeams.
No state rebate in NM but am def eligible for $7500 fed refund. :D

That still adds up to about $15k off. Hardly paid "too much" I am sure "somewhere" someone might get a better deal but it wont be significantly better.

State : British Columbia
Metro area/city : Vancouver

Color/trim: Black SL Plus
Options: None
Accessories: None

Total MSRP+destination charge: Currently unknown as pricing not yet released in Canada, just paid deposit
Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Delivery date: November 1

Plans for home charging: 110V

2019 leaf S silver with black cloth interior 2 options fast charge port with 240/120 V cable carpeted floor and trunk mat Original MSRP $31,800 incl destination charge. Bought this CPO car on 12/30/21 for $1899 plus usual dealer addons comes to about $260 a Mo for 6 yrs. less than 9,000 miles and there is 11mo left on factory 3yr/36k warrantee.

Bought on a whim from Nissan dealer after engine and CVT issues on 2013 Subi Outback got both annoying and expensive as a daily commuter. Price was OK to get feet wet with an EV (all used cars are pricey today). Have 50A line to garage but have not yet picked a charger.

SOH at 81% is bad for a 2017 with 29k miles, too many charges for miles indicates bad hygiene by original owner - didn't know about this stuff when purchased. Enjoying learning the ins and outs of EVs.

Range is an issue - commute is 55 miles round trip. Looks like my best case is a 62 mile range from 85% charge @ 3.4 mi / kWh (average per Leaf Spy). Actual range is WAY LESS than the car's computer shows, so that is an estimate. With dash showing charged to 91%, drove 1 mile, and GIDs show 74.5% vs SOC @ 86.5% in LeafSpy. Dash shows 11 bars. It does get cold here - first week I had the Leaf temps were down to 5F to 15F. That isn't a concern for the 2 weeks of the year when the snow flies and the Subaru goes to the ski hills.

Spent $2500 on extended warranty covering everything up to 107,000 miles within 84 months. Battery replacement term is if SOH drops below 70% (I am at 81%) it gets replaced for free. I'm trying to figure out if I should cancel this and get money back due to overlapping mfg. warranty which dealer didn't tell me about and terms are not clear. What are odds of seeing 11% degradation over 2 or 3 years? Or should I ignore warranties and plan to find a better battery (if price and availability fall in future).

Researching DTC codes from LeafSpy:
U1000 0008 CDM CAN Comm Circuit
B2820 0008 CHARGER Quick Charger VC-63
U1266 0208 MULTI AV TCU Conn AV-92
Any insights before I go to dealer?

BabaYaga said:
Bought on a whim from Nissan dealer after engine and CVT issues on 2013 Subi Outback got both annoying and expensive as a daily commuter. Price was OK to get feet wet with an EV (all used cars are pricey today). Have 50A line to garage but have not yet picked a charger.

SOH at 81% is bad for a 2017 with 29k miles, too many charges for miles indicates bad hygiene by original owner - didn't know about this stuff when purchased. Enjoying learning the ins and outs of EVs.

Range is an issue - commute is 55 miles round trip. Looks like my best case is a 62 mile range from 85% charge @ 3.4 mi / kWh (average per Leaf Spy). Actual range is WAY LESS than the car's computer shows, so that is an estimate. With dash showing charged to 91%, drove 1 mile, and GIDs show 74.5% vs SOC @ 86.5% in LeafSpy. Dash shows 11 bars. It does get cold here - first week I had the Leaf temps were down to 5F to 15F. That isn't a concern for the 2 weeks of the year when the snow flies and the Subaru goes to the ski hills.

Spent $2500 on extended warranty covering everything up to 107,000 miles within 84 months. Battery replacement term is if SOH drops below 70% (I am at 81%) it gets replaced for free. I'm trying to figure out if I should cancel this and get money back due to overlapping mfg. warranty which dealer didn't tell me about and terms are not clear. What are odds of seeing 11% degradation over 2 or 3 years? Or should I ignore warranties and plan to find a better battery (if price and availability fall in future).

Researching DTC codes from LeafSpy:
U1000 0008 CDM CAN Comm Circuit
B2820 0008 CHARGER Quick Charger VC-63
U1266 0208 MULTI AV TCU Conn AV-92
Any insights before I go to dealer?

2 things.
1 - the mfg battery warranty is for the battery to lose "4-bars" of health, not 70%. The 4th bar drops at around 65% SOH. So you'd have to lose another 14% SOH to qualify for the warranty replacement. Might be possible, but your local weather is going to work against you.

2 - Washington is one of those "ideal" environments for extending a Leaf's battery health. So if you want that replacement battery to be covered under warranty, then you'll have to "work" for it (leaving it fully charged under the hot sun for multiple days, multiple successive quick-charges, etc).

As for the extended warranty coverage, I believe that it explicitly excludes the main battery pack. Any mention of a "battery" is usually about the 12-volt lead-acid battery. You should double-check the wording in the contract. If it DOES include, then that's great, since the mfg battery pack warranty is only for 80,000 miles and 8 years (see how that doesn't line up with the extended warranty?).

One final note, the 2017 Leaf had a 30kwh battery pack, and any warranty replacements handled by Nissan will be replaced with a larger 40kwh battery pack. So if it happens for you, congrats!

IIRC, the battery warranty on the 30kwh pack is 100k miles and 8 years, but I may be misremembering.

Welcome to the forum, BabaYaga. The 30kwh battery has some...quirks... that are detailed in my used Leaf buying guide. I'll link that shortly. Be sure to read the entire section on the 30kwh packs. You most likely will be losing a second capacity bar shortly, but you should have plenty of range for a 55 mile RT commute. Inflate the tires to 40psi, and try to stay below 65MPH.

Used Leaf buying guide: https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=26662&p=538030

LeftieBiker said:
IIRC, the battery warranty on the 30kwh pack is 100k miles and 8 years, but I may be misremembering.

Welcome to the forum, BabaYaga. The 30kwh battery has some...quirks... that are detailed in my used Leaf buying guide. I'll link that shortly. Be sure to read the entire section on the 30kwh packs. You most likely will be losing a second capacity bar shortly, but you should have plenty of range for a 55 mile RT commute. Inflate the tires to 40psi, and try to stay below 65MPH.

Used Leaf buying guide: https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=26662&p=538030

My bad. 100k miles or 96 months.

Just purchased a 2021 Leaf SL Plus a week and a half ago. I was shopping for plugin hybrids and they had this on the lot and ready to go with 3500 miles on it. So far I like it except for the lack of a spare tire. I got a sidewall blowout after hitting a pothole in the snow last night and am now buying 2 new tires for my new car. :-(

I found this forum while researching tires and spares. I need to dig in more to learn about more of the nuances to EV driving. Still working on the 50amp plug so I'm just trickle charging from a 110V for now, or quick charging whie I'm out. I drive, on average, 450 miles a week, all around town shuttling kids, and return home to WFH in between, so I'm hoping this will be the perfect daily driver. It already saved me a ton of money over driving my 2013 Ford Expedition with it's lovely 12.5 MPG.

The lack of spare tires is frustrating but a common thing.
https://www.cars.com/articles/got-a-spare-not-on-these-cars-1420697605296/
https://www.consumerreports.org/tires/some-newer-cars-are-missing-a-spare-tire-a9928775934/

I had a Prius that had a spare tire but I understand the newer models no longer include one.

"Carmakers are skipping the spare because of regulatory pressure to squeeze more miles out of every gallon of fuel" range can be very important on a EV.

I have personally changed a tire in nowhere Utah and nowhere New Mexico (on that old Prius actually), in those two incidences waiting for a tow would have been quite painful while putting on a spare got us on back on the road much faster.

Back