What are these pipes?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldbrick said:
I'd trust a good AC shop to do the right thing. The type of oil is important but they would know that. If the system needed to be emptied before being filled they should know that too. ...

I put the info there for general knowledge as not everyone is going to avail themselves of a "good AC shop". A not-so-good shop may have never worked on an electric compressor before. Some folks, being told "it just needs a refill" might assume a "top-off" or boost kit from the parts store is a good way to go.

I get that, but I think AC is something that just isn't a DIY concern for almost everyone (and I've done a lot of car work).

Personally, I think the 'ac recharge' kits sold at auto-parts stores should be illegal. I'd wager 90+% of the refrigerant in them ends up in the atmosphere since anyone who really knows much about auto AC systems probably doesn't use them and the only folks who do just 'recharge' their system blindly every time it stops working.

Back