Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are likely to get even less for a 40 Leaf now from Tesla, not to be a downer.

The small-ish opening on the 3, makes the deepest part difficult to use unless loading long suitcases. When it does appear to take quite a bit of luggage.

Thanks guys for the input will check with carvana. Oh and it is a Model Y we are looking to buy. Passed on the Model S and Model 3 last year.

Well Doug, you were right. they came in near $14K. I just can't see dropping the hammer for that little for a trade. Our leaf looks and drives like a new car so everybody will just have to live with the backseat space in it. Wife sure is mad at me though. :(

Yeah, in my continual looking at cheap new Leafs, I noticed my trade in value for our 19 Plus dumped a few k as we crossed to the new model year.

Leafs are good drive it into the ground car. Not so good for purchase and quick trade in.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Leafs are good drive it into the ground car. Not so good for purchase and quick trade in.
It's only good for those that live in a state where there is a state rebate like CO and NJ. They can drive it for free for a year and trade it in next year and repeat the process.

jusgetalong said:
Well Doug, you were right. they came in near $14K. I just can't see dropping the hammer for that little for a trade. Our leaf looks and drives like a new car so everybody will just have to live with the backseat space in it. Wife sure is mad at me though. :(

Not sure what your daily drives are like, but a model Y is worth whatever justification you can conjur to get it. Surely, there must be another family member who's still driving a combustion vehicle and would benefit from a taste of going electric? Or perhaps put it on turo.com to get some extra income?

DougWantsALeaf said:
The small-ish opening on the 3, makes the deepest part difficult to use unless loading long suitcases. When it does appear to take quite a bit of luggage.
My experience is that my Model 3 continues to surprise me just how much it will carry.

The other day I bought two closet doors, each 30" width x 80" length. I lay flat one part of the rear seat and set the front seat on the same side forward to gain the 80 inches of needed room. My wife rode in the back in the unoccupied seat.

Nice!

Well folks, a happy wife is more important than a happy wallet. So we have a reservation for 2021 Model Y to be delivered on Feb 1. We just rolled with the trade in, more for the simplicity of it than anything else. Now the question is how do I default the Nissan Leaf to all it's original configurations? I used Leaf Spy to turn off the VSP, which I still think was awesome, and a few other items, which I can't seem to remember. Is there a way to go into LeafSpy and factory default everything? :|

jusgetalong said:
Well folks, a happy wife is more important than a happy wallet. So we have a reservation for 2021 Model Y to be delivered on Feb 1. We just rolled with the trade in, more for the simplicity of it than anything else. Now the question is how do I default the Nissan Leaf to all it's original configurations? I used Leaf Spy to turn off the VSP, which I still think was awesome, and a few other items, which I can't seem to remember. Is there a way to go into LeafSpy and factory default everything? :|

Don't recall which trim is your leaf, but here's a relevant posting (for the SV/SL): https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18741&start=10#p575360

IIRC, the S-trim has the factory reset option in the maintenance menu.

In those videos most were wary or resetting etc, so I just used Leaf Spy and turned the VSP stuff back on. I think that was all I had changed. Loved the quite drives in the pard without that annoying beeps, whines, etc. I really hope there is some way to achieve the same thing on this new Tesla. Oil since you have both a Leaf and a Tesla could you tell me if the Leaf rims will fit on the Tesla? I purchased a spare for the Leaf and if it will not fit the Tesla I will choose to let it go with the car. :?:

jusgetalong said:
In those videos most were wary or resetting etc, so I just used Leaf Spy and turned the VSP stuff back on. I think that was all I had changed. Loved the quite drives in the pard without that annoying beeps, whines, etc. I really hope there is some way to achieve the same thing on this new Tesla. Oil since you have both a Leaf and a Tesla could you tell me if the Leaf rims will fit on the Tesla? I purchased a spare for the Leaf and if it will not fit the Tesla I will choose to let it go with the car. :?:

Sorry, It won't. The leaf uses either 16" or 17" rims, while the model 3 base uses 18" and model Y base uses 19". The Tesla brake rotor + pads won't fit within the space for a leaf spare.

Edit: as for the quiet drives through the park, unfortunately low-speed-vehicle-noises are now required on 2021 EV's. However, "boombox" mode allows you to at least change the "noise" to coconut clops or some similiar whimsical sounds.

Oil, we bit the bullet and purchased the Model Y. Took it for a cruise in the park and successfully set the cruise control to 05 mph! we do not hear any VSP going forward, however reverse is another thing! It sounds like something from the twilight zone. It took 30 mins start to finish to purchase unlike the 2 day pressure cooker Delray Nissan put us through. Still no charging available (see Plugshare comments) there. The Leaf was a nice car, but, I really believe the Nissan dealerships will be successful in killing it. :cry: I do wish everyone on this blog the very best with their Leafs. A great group here far more deserving of better Nissan Dealerships.

I hear you. While we enjoy the free car washes and snacks from the dealership, I hate buying a car. Regardless of the price you pay, you always feel like crap at the end, that you paid too much, and that you wasted your day.

Tesla is absolutely winning in that regard. Still a bit spendy for me, but if you have the 50K to spend on a dual motor Y, not sure I blame you.

jusgetalong said:
Oil, we bit the bullet and purchased the Model Y. Took it for a cruise in the park and successfully set the cruise control to 05 mph! we do not hear any VSP going forward, however reverse is another thing! It sounds like something from the twilight zone. It took 30 mins start to finish to purchase unlike the 2 day pressure cooker Delray Nissan put us through. Still no charging available (see Plugshare comments) there. The Leaf was a nice car, but, I really believe the Nissan dealerships will be successful in killing it. :cry: I do wish everyone on this blog the very best with their Leafs. A great group here far more deserving of better Nissan Dealerships.

Glad to hear! It's such a shame about the nissan dealerships. I actually had a half-way decent experience with my 2nd leaf (only took 2 hours!), but I think that was because I didn't insist on getting the best deal (I left $500 on the table above what others were getting - was hoping to get another buy-out offer like what they offered for the 2013 leaf) and just wanted to get it done quickly.

DougWantsALeaf said:
I hear you. While we enjoy the free car washes and snacks from the dealership, I hate buying a car. Regardless of the price you pay, you always feel like crap at the end, that you paid too much, and that you wasted your day.

Tesla is absolutely winning in that regard. Still a bit spendy for me, but if you have the 50K to spend on a dual motor Y, not sure I blame you.

The short-range RWD Y's are now available for order, and they're 8K less at $42k. Coupled with fuel and maintenance savings, and it's very difficult for anyone to justify considering a combustion CUV.

We got the short range rwd in white exterior and black interior. One thing the wife noted immediatly was the app functioned Perfectly! The driver profile automatically adj seats mirrows for you when you walk up to it and press the latch to get in. Both driver and passenger seats are power and comfortable. (wish it had air bag suspension). The auto charge to 80% like the first Leafs did really takes the effort out of charging. Can also set current draw as well as voltage.

2020 SV with Weather and Technology pkgs

27,400 + tax, lic and fees

Should total about 21,200 after the federal tax credit.

Not sure if that's the best deal, but it was the best I could find within 200 miles.

Man, I can't stand dealerships! I walked in pre-financed and it still took 3 hours. Part of their ploy to wear you down I guess. They know if you're tired, hangry, and losing patience you're more likely to agree to their overpriced add-ons.

Anyway, absolutely LOVE the car!

farflung said:
2020 SV with Weather and Technology pkgs

27,400 + tax, lic and fees

Should total about 21,200 after the federal tax credit.

Not sure if that's the best deal, but it was the best I could find within 200 miles.

Man, I can't stand dealerships! I walked in pre-financed and it still took 3 hours. Part of their ploy to wear you down I guess. They know if you're tired, hangry, and losing patience you're more likely to agree to their overpriced add-ons.

Anyway, absolutely LOVE the car!
Agree, purchasing a new car can be an exercise in patience! Apparently, Tesla gets this right though.
Your price sounds pretty good to me, my '13S was only about a grand less and it only had a measly 24kwh battery and no heat pump heater like yours, it did come with rear heated seats though, which I believe the new models lack.

Back