2015 Leaf S - expensive damage identified - best to avoid?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canu

Southern Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canad
Hi all. I'm looking to get into my first BEV, and I've found a 2015 Leaf S with only 48,394 km. The shop is asking $14,995 CDN. It looks super clean and from the photos has a full 12 bars. But...when I requested the Carfax report I see it has had two collisions. One must be a small dent in the rear bumper, but the other really caught my eye: $11,490 CDN with the only detail being "undercarriage."

My first thought was to run away, thinking why didn't they just scrap the car? But then I though some (most?) of that cost might have been a new battery. That would help explain the 12 bars I think.

I haven't talked to them yet to ask if they have more info on the damage report. I'm still worried about what could have caused this damage, and what it might mean for the car.

But I'm curious about your opinion. If this is a new battery, could this be a worthwhile purchase? Also, given the damage report, how much should I be able to haggle with price?

Thanks for your help.

It should be possible to negotiate on price with the knowledge of the two collision repairs. If repairs were completed in accordance with Nissan recommendations and it was not tagged with a "salvage title" (not sure of the terms for Canada), then there is a good chance that it is OK (but test drive carefully to make sure it tracks straight). In the USA, Nissan warranties are voided if damage was sufficient that the car was totaled (or should have been totaled) so make sure the title is clear and look for documentation that repairs were completed properly.

Would look around a bit.Possible front end/steering rack damage?2013 grey sl 89000 kms 11 bars for 11,400 can. on craigslist victoria in Port Coquitlam..private sale..If you can wait til the border opens.Maybe get one in Seattle area.Long post on the Victoria Ev club site on importing.The S versions do not have the heat pumps a bit more efficient.If you look at the crashed one, get it up on a rack and a good test drive.

Back