Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
swright13 said:
End of the year is the time to buy. Just got home from dealership.

2020 SL Plus Gun Metallic Grey
Before trade and tax rebate, but after all other manufacturers rebates, tax, title, all fees. $33,700 OTD.

$5000 for my trade, which I was expecting $3500, and $7500 tax rebate still to be applied.

Puts me at $26200 after tax rebate, but before trade. In NC so no other rebates. MSRP was $45k.

Been shopping for the last couple months, and waiting until 12/30 paid off big time. This was even my first choice in color.

Outstanding deal. Im very impressed.

That’s about $4,300 better than what I was able to negotiate last month on the exact same car in Florida. With a tax rate of 6% mine was $38,066 OTD

My deal:

2020 Gray SL Plus

$45,395 MSRP
($4,731.34) dealer discount
——————
$40,663.66 Vehicle purchase Price
+$1,182.95 BS dealer fees - pre delivery, registration filing fee, private tag agency fee
+$2,561.19 sales tax
+$150.00 Gvmt Title, reg License fees
+$8.50 State Lemon law, tire and battery fees
——————-
$44,566.30 Total cash price
($6,500) rebate
——————-
$38,066.30 Total Due Out the Door - this is amount of the check I gave dealership
===========
($7,500) Fed Tax Credit
$30,566.30 net cost to me after tax credit

Note: The good news for me was State Farm gave me a check for $31,614 for my totaled 2019 Leaf SL Plus so the new car didn’t cost me anything and I actually came out $1,047 ahead after all was said and done.

aEXQWLHl.jpg

kflE20Ql.jpg

First post here.

Just took delivery of a 2020 SV with both packages for $29k. Total $31200 OTD with tax, tags and fees.

I'll get back the $7500.00 in Federal Tax Credit and $800 in PA State and Electric Company rebates for a net of $22,900

I'm happy with the deal and LOVE the car.

We just got our PV solar installation activated last week and now with the switch to an EV I'm just about done with fossil fuels for home and transportation!

wombat94 said:
We just got our PV solar installation activated last week and now with the switch to an EV I'm just about done with fossil fuels for home and transportation!
FANTASTIC

Welcome !!

Congrats. I just picked up a lease on a blue SV both packages in southeast PA. 2 years zero down, pretty happy. If all goes well we will turn in the leaf after 2 years, sell my wife's 2010 sedan and go for the Ariya. She wanted a Rogue as our next car but I convinced her to try EVs with no long term commitment.

I am only able to trickle charge at home unless I get a 3k electric service upgrade and new 240v line to the garage. So far no issues, as this isn't a main car and we have Pathfinder for family outings and long trips. Loving it so far, the lease special was 10k a year, I said it would only be used 6 or 7 k if that helps but they gave me 12k a year so i will try to drive it more than I originally planned. There's a small PA rebate you can get even with a leased EV i have to look into that. Is the PECO rebate only for solar or is it for EV too?

wombat94 said:
First post here.

Just took delivery of a 2020 SV with both packages for $29k. Total $31200 OTD with tax, tags and fees.

I'll get back the $7500.00 in Federal Tax Credit and $800 in PA State and Electric Company rebates for a net of $22,900

I'm happy with the deal and LOVE the car.

Clipper Creek makes a 240 volt evse that only needs a 15 amp circuit and only pulls 12 amps continuously. That’s the one I have and it makes a big difference compared to trickle charging. Adds about 5% per hour to the Leaf Plus, 7% per hour to the 40 kwh Leaf. Would you still need to upgrade your service if you just added one 15 amp EVSE?

gillmj24 said:
Congrats. I just picked up a lease on a blue SV both packages in southeast PA. 2 years zero down, pretty happy. If all goes well we will turn in the leaf after 2 years, sell my wife's 2010 sedan and go for the Ariya. She wanted a Rogue as our next car but I convinced her to try EVs with no long term commitment.

I am only able to trickle charge at home unless I get a 3k electric service upgrade and new 240v line to the garage. So far no issues, as this isn't a main car and we have Pathfinder for family outings and long trips. Loving it so far, the lease special was 10k a year, I said it would only be used 6 or 7 k if that helps but they gave me 12k a year so i will try to drive it more than I originally planned. There's a small PA rebate you can get even with a leased EV i have to look into that. Is the PECO rebate only for solar or is it for EV too?

Okay... I have to ask. Did you literally buy your Blue SV on the 31st? I was planning on the Blue one at my dealership but before I made the choice, they traded it away to another dealer. I ended up with a Gun Metallic one. I like the color (my last car was also metallic gray) but i was kind of looking forward to a change.

Anyway... the state/PECO rebates are two separate ones. The state has $750 rebate for the purchase of a BEV through a Department of Environmental Protection program. I checked this week with the office that administers it and there are still rebates available - and expected to be through the middle of 2021.

The other is a $50 PECO rebate for buying an EV. I have to find the link for that one again.

Here's the link to the PA State rebate.

https://www.dep.pa.gov/Citizens/Gra...ve-Grant/Pages/Alternative-Fuel-Vehicles.aspx

My breaker panel is 100% full. I did fill the last spot a few years ago with a 20A 120V breaker that was meant for a backyard project that didn't materialize, so I could perhaps use that circuit... Maybe swapping things around I could get 240V without upgrading to 200A service? That said, 100A service with a LEAF, central air, etc, probably should be upgraded. Natural gas for the heat, stove, and dryer, so only 1 existing 240V circuit in the house, just the central air/furnace circuit (though the heater isn't drawing much electricity, it is one unit with the AC).

As a last resort, consider using that 120 20A circuit for an aftermarket EVSE that can pull 16 amps at 120 volts. You should be able to add about 3% charge per hour with that setup, as opposed to about 2% per hour with the Nissan EVSE on a 120 volt circuit.

Took delivery on Monday 12/28, yes, one of the 2 blue ones they had last week with the $99 lease special (with quite a bit down though, so I negotiated slightly better terms for myself). I gave them a VPP code, but my contract/bill of sale doesn't mention it and Nissan is telling me to use my code before it expires, so I'm not sure they used it. I don't see why not, as that's money from Nissan but they gave me the 0 down with ___ payment I asked for, so no complaints.

Started the online process with both rebates, hopefully my temporary registration will suffice for them. Thanks!

LeftieBiker said:
As a last resort, consider using that 120 20A circuit for an aftermarket EVSE that can pull 16 amps at 120 volts. You should be able to add about 3% charge per hour with that setup, as opposed to about 2% per hour with the Nissan EVSE on a 120 volt circuit.

Thanks. Once commuting starts back up again, we will see how badly we need to upgrade anything. I would still need to run a new circuit from that 20A breaker to the front of the house instead of the backyard. (Breaker panel is on opposite side of the house from the garage).

gillmj24 said:
My breaker panel is 100% full. I did fill the last spot a few years ago with a 20A 120V breaker that was meant for a backyard project that didn't materialize, so I could perhaps use that circuit... Maybe swapping things around I could get 240V without upgrading to 200A service? That said, 100A service with a LEAF, central air, etc, probably should be upgraded. Natural gas for the heat, stove, and dryer, so only 1 existing 240V circuit in the house, just the central air/furnace circuit (though the heater isn't drawing much electricity, it is one unit with the AC).

If able , it may be possible to free up some slots on your breaker panel using some “tandem” breakers. That’s what I did for this 60 amp sub panel. See the “tandem” breakers on the lower left side which allowed me space to put in a 40a 2340v breaker for my Leaf.

9gJC2cjl.jpg

I replaced out the sub-panel in the above posting to include a MAIN breaker and additional spaces. Since this Sub_Panel is in a detached shed and it has more than 6 breakers code requires a MAIN Shut off in the panel. I now have a 60 amp MAIN breaker in the panel as marked.

c7E2brGl.jpg

Flyct said:
I replaced out the sub-panel in the above posting to include a MAIN breaker and additional spaces. Since this Sub_Panel is in a detached shed and it has more than 6 breakers code requires a MAIN Shut off in the panel. I now have a 60 amp MAIN breaker in the panel as marked.

c7E2brGl.jpg

Did you make sure your pumps won't run at the same time as your EVSE? Just pointing out that if everything's running at the same time, you'll trip your 60A main breaker.

For what its worth from a Nissan dealer in central New Jersey last week:

New 2020 Leaf SV, 24 month lease, 10k/year mileage allocation.

24 month: $0 Down --> $172.16/mo or $3,000 down @ $41.63/mo
End of lease buyout: $20,400.

If you were to purchase same vehicle: $38,480 MSRP - Dealer Discounts = $29,980 - $7500 Fed Incentive = $22,480
Hence, with fed tax credit, about $2,000 cheaper than a lease. Your mileage may vary.

Remember, you DO NOT get federal tax credit for leases.
New Jersey does not charge sales tax on plug-in EVs.

Skippy said:
For what its worth from a Nissan dealer in central New Jersey last week:

New 2020 Leaf SV, 24 month lease, 10k/year mileage allocation.

24 month: $0 Down --> $172.16/mo or $3,000 down @ $41.63/mo
End of lease buyout: $20,400.

If you were to purchase same vehicle: $38,480 MSRP - Dealer Discounts = $29,980 - $7500 Fed Incentive = $22,480
Hence, with fed tax credit, about $2,000 cheaper than a lease. Your mileage may vary.

Remember, you DO NOT get federal tax credit for leases.
New Jersey does not charge sales tax on plug-in EVs.
The good thing about the lease is the buyout is really high. Higher than I think you can sell it for in 2 years.

If you're a resident of NJ, that $5000 EV rebate may come back this June or July.

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
Flyct said:

c7E2brGl.jpg

Did you make sure your pumps won't run at the same time as your EVSE? Just pointing out that if everything's running at the same time, you'll trip your 60A main breaker.

It’s been over 2 years since I installed the 40 amp line for the EVSE and it’s never tripped the home 60 amp breaker that feeds the sub panel. I did measure current draw before installing the 40 amp line to insure that I had capacity.

As measured the Pumps draw 6-7 amps each and EVSE draws 30; amps. So with both pumps running and the ESEV charging the current draw maxes out at 42-44 amps.

Plus the car is programmed to charge overnight while we are sleeping, so rarely do either pump run because no water is being used.

I actually occasionally but rarely plug my RV into the 14-50R receptacle. Even with both AC units running in the RV (separate 120v legs) and water heater on electric it never exceeds 30 amps per leg. Even thought the 14-50R line is wired with 6AWG and can easily handle 50 amps I protected the line with a 40 amp breaker rather than 50 amp to be safe.

Back