Costs of Climate Change Denial Start to Roll In

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even know it was possible to get 0.1kwh for day worth of production out of a nearly 10kw array, short of volcanic eruption.
It was 20F out so I didn't dare fire up the pressure washer and go on the roof. If they were ground mount yeah I could have dusted them off with a broom or ice scraper and got an few KWH out of them.
With wind, well the wind don't blow all the time.
Then there will be days were solar is flat and times when the wind isn't blowing.

These guys seem to have figured it out. I think Australia started to fall into the trap of commercialized firefighting.
https://youtu.be/RM72NtXxyLs

Maybe it's partly since about every year from here on out will be the hottest or one of the hottest in history.

I'm just wondering how long people are going to refer to things like '500 year' events when they start happening every few years. The world is changing rapidly and the rate of change is accelerating. Add in the positive feedback of the methane that will be released when the tundra starts thawing out and it's pretty scary IMHO.

Not really. "What is a 500 year event?" Has always just been an assumption.
Unless someone uncovered a bunch of cave paintings detailing the weather for thousands of years.

LeftieBiker said:
The tundra has already started to thaw, with lakes starting to "boil" with methane, and sinkholes forming.

Oh I lied. It was actually coldest on record for large swaths of the Midwest and up north.
Now that the sun is coming out of solar minimum we are more likely to see the cold air stay up north and the warm air stay down south which is fine with me.

Oilpan4 said:
Oh I lied. It was actually coldest on record for large swaths of the Midwest and up north.
Now that the sun is coming out of solar minimum we are more likely to see the cold air stay up north and the warm air stay down south which is fine with me.

Yes, the USA is only a few percent of the Earth's surface. Really. Such a fun fact.

RecentT.png

Back