automatically ajusting EVSE for off-grid/current sensing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the leaf onboard charger measures the grid frequency and puts it on the can bus? Ie 50 eu or 60 us hz

In my case, the off-grid inverter raises the frequency when house batteries are near full, in order to limit solar inverter production. That's the time to increase consumption by the leaf charger.

Daklein said:
I wonder if the leaf onboard charger measures the grid frequency and puts it on the can bus? Ie 50 eu or 60 us hz

In my case, the off-grid inverter raises the frequency when house batteries are near full, in order to limit solar inverter production. That's the time to increase consumption by the leaf charger.

Grid frequency is not measured, or atleast I haven't been able to find it. But voltage is, so it is possible to build on the functionality, and add a brownout preventer, something that drops the load incase the voltage sags.

You could build that as an add on control box. Build it around an under voltage relay and some time delays.

Back