2016 leaf and its lifespan.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerrickLeaf

Just got a Leaf 30KW 50000 kilometers 85.8 SOH . If i dont hit the 4 bars by my warranty for a 40KW replacement and I drive it lets say for 5+ years. what are my chances of being able to just buy a brand new battery for it with a higher capacity? I am looking at a longtime investment on my leaf.

Thank you.

A few years ago we would have said "Almost nil." But since Nissan is now replacing warrantied 30kwh packs with 40kwh packs, that answer is now "Good." The only real question is whether Nissan will actually sell the 40kwh packs, or if they will have to be acquired from low mileage wrecks as is happening now.

Battery capacity is measured in kWh, not "KW".

If you're in Vancouver BC, the chances of you hitting being a 4 bar loser before capacity warranty expiration are almost nil due to the mild climate.

DerrickLeaf said:
I posted some stats here. wondering if I should be worried

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=31263

Not really. It is close to losing the first capacity bar, which isn't odd for a 2016 in a warm climate. If it's from a colder region, then it was likely kept at too high a state of charge for too long, which you can avoid doing. The price should have reflected it being an essentially 11 bar car, but when 12 bars are showing, that rarely happens.

So i have the option to trading it in for the same model car but from washington. Stats are alot better

Battery cell tab

Ahr 74.7
soh 93.98
387 v
Hx 81.13
42,545km

11mv

Seems pretty good? Could they have reset stats?

Back