Deceptively fast?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you compared against a Chevy Bolt? They seem to have similar acceleration just curious.
Yea I ended up beating a Mitsubishi Eclipse of all things the other day. For the 0-60 stuff people who want to do that quickly need an EV. Top speed of course we lose bad in a LEAF which is why I think we cannot call a LEAF a sports or performance car but a Tesla does well.

88 surprises me just enough for the flux capacitor I guess. I only took my plus all out once but I think it was about 100 I am already starting to forget.

LeftieBiker said:
The older Leafs are limited to about 93MPH, and the ePlus to slightly over 100MPH, again IIRC. Or is it slightly over 110MPH...?

I will see if there's one at the Nissan dealer here and take it for a "test drive" and find out.

My 2019 SL Plus was still climbing at 101 by GPS (speedometer indicated the same) with OEM tires inflated to 44 psi. 2015 SL reached governed speed of 94 by GPS with original size tires, would go a little faster after I put 215/55 R17 tires on it. 2011 was governed to 93 on speedometer (which was fairly accurate after programming adjustment in service menu on navigation system), again with tires inflated to 44 psi cold.

I got a 90 Civic up up to 122 regularly on flat. Hondas were (are?) used a lot in certain kinds of racing they make some parts particularly strong and for example in the Civic you can bolt in 1.6 d series in there and you have a pretty cheap car.

I gotta say that the Leaf feels MUCH better at 100 than any other car I have driven....... pretty satble, although not inviting more necessarily!

I would not push a Leaf too much with tires at Nissan's recommended 36 psi, but they have ideal weight distribution and low center of gravity so they are stable with tires adequately inflated.

Edited to add: I consider adequately inflated to be at least 40 psi (preferably 44 psi cold for OEM tires). My new tires are rated for 51 psi and that is what I have them inflated to now.

GerryAZ said:
I would not push a Leaf too much with tires at Nissan's recommended 36 psi, but they have ideal weight distribution and low center of gravity so they are stable with tires adequately inflated.

I don't understand your precaution. My opinion would be that at higher speed, you would want maximum tread wall PSI, not comfort PSI.

Thoughts from others?

gncndad said:
GerryAZ said:

I don't understand your precaution. My opinion would be that at higher speed, you would want maximum tread wall PSI, not comfort PSI.

Thoughts from others?

Yes, and that is essentially what Gerry wrote: don't drive at 100MPH with 36psi.

I tend to use the Web as my "morning" coffee, and this is one of my first stops, so I often misread things, especially in the late afternoon when I get up.

Virtually no engine noise compared to gasoline at nearly 100MPH is pretty cool.
But the battery is pretty much done after 20 minutes for me.

Back