2011 Leaf purchase

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfguy

Hello All,-Looking at a used 2011 leaf 80K miles owner asking $4k. He states in the ad that the car is in good condition and he is selling because he upgraded to another electric car. States that "it has 6 cells left and I'm open to reasonable offer" From my research these have 48 cells-maybe he meant there are 6 cells out? Am I missing something here? I havent called him yet thought I would try to get info from some experienced owners here first. Thank you!

They are probably talking about the capacity bar display on the dashboard. 6 remaining capacity bars out of the original 12 means that the car has less than 50% of its original capacity left, with a range of no more than 35 miles in typical driving (much less in cold weather) and I suggest you pass on it. I will link my used Leaf buying guide here shortly. Please read it!

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662&p=538030

I don't think it's worth $4000 and don't get it unless you know 20 miles of range will cover your needs and then some.

Poor purchase with very limited mileage. Read Leftie's guide. If you really want a Leaf consider getting an OBD2 connector and a copy of Leafspy for your phone. That is the most accurate way to measure battery health easily. Much better than the 'bars left' method.

You don't need leafspy to know that a 6/12 bar car will need a new battery. Nothing more to think about.

You have to want to spend $6000 for a new battery... Simple as that.

Back