nissan connect monthly fee?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carwings started sending updated reports over the weekend instead of resending 12/31 reports. Whatever the issue, it now seems to access latest usage and efficiency data, reporting same. I never had issue with connection; just getting latest reports.

mjblazin said:
Carwings started sending updated reports over the weekend instead of resending 12/31 reports. Whatever the issue, it now seems to access latest usage and efficiency data, reporting same. I never had issue with connection; just getting latest reports.
I have used the Carwings/NissanConnect "driving history" data in previous years to estimate my 2012 Leaf's business/leisure mileage split for tax records. However, this month I can't find those driving-history records for last year on the current PC browser interface to NissanConnect. The web pages have changed significantly since my last access so I may just not be looking in the right place...or maybe they're not available anymore? Does anyone know the answer?

OrientExpress said:
If you have a 2018 or later LEAF all of the telematics features are available for a 3 month trial, after that most the features are still free free as well as the connectivity services. There is an FAQ on the EV connect App that describes this a bit further.

The following car telematics are subscription based after the trial:
Flashing headlights
Horn and Light on
Valet Alert
Speed Alert
Curfew Alert
Boundary Alert

These telematic services continue to be complimentary:
Lock and Unlock
Remote charging initiation
Remote climate control initiation
Car finder
Plan your Route
Reports and Activity

The cellular connect services are complimentary as well.

An unpublished feature is that Nissan is currently using the SiriusXM telematic OTA SW updates to the Radio as a test. I don't know the full extent of the OTA updates, but I have seen that Apple CarPlay has been updated on my car. Toyota GM Honda and FCA use SiriusXM as well, and do OTA updates for their head units OTA with SiriusXM. The service does have the ability to do System updates, and FCA and GM are testing System updates. I do not believe that vehicle system SW updates are being pushed for Nissan yet.

Here is an interesting story on telematic vehicle technology

Thanks for this post. I received a subscription renewal from Nissan and couldn't figure out what was going to go away if I didn't pay up.

I really only care about checking on the charge status and turning on climate control. All the other stuff doesn't matter to me.

Has anyone bought the premium package and found it very useful?

I do use the preheat, state of charge, find my car (useful with teenagers), efficiency log, and route planning (just to see the elevation), I wasn't sure what value I would get out of the Valet and other functions.

Back