Just got my 2017 leaf. I think it's only 9 bars?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatwad4343

So i just got my 2017 leaf today from carvana I'm looking at it. It's fully charged and only a 75 mile capacity and the gauge all the way to the right I'm counting 9 bars with 2 red ones beneath it. So this means I only have 9 bars left? So if I dropped one more I'd be eligible for a new battery? There's only 36k miles on this car. So did I luck out or should i return this? I thought the 2017 was supposed to have over 100 mile capacity haha. Just not sure if I'm looking at the right one because the bars directly to the left of the far right one is reading 10 bars right now on 83% charge

The red bars count, so you have 11 bars if you counted correctly. The little bars are the ones you count for capacity. Ignore the range estimator and go by how quickly the state of charge % display drops as you drive.

I bought a 2017 last August and it had all 12 bars, but 86% SOH, so it's on the verge of 11 bars. Do you know where (what climate) the car was operated in (say, from Carfax)?

85% (capacity, at least for 11 bars) * 83% (SOC, or current charge) *107 miles range at full capacity and charge = 76 mile
So the estimated is quite close; but yes, don't rely on it.

Isn't the GOM readout dependent on the previous driving characteristics? How often do the driving algorhythms update?
I'll bet during the process of relocating the car, someone happily hammered the throttle, enjoying the torque. I'd wait, drive the car gently, and THEN observe the GOM.
Just a wag here.

Isn't the GOM readout dependent on the previous driving characteristics?

The pre-'18 GOM uses just the last few minutes of driving efficiency before the car was parked, from what we can tell. The '18 and newer version seems to use some longer term information as well. It's more accurate for many of us, but the best advice is still to take what the GOM says with a big grain of salt.

Back