Update Charging Stations on 2016

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NRBLeaf

Hello, I've searched this site and did not see the info I am looking for. FYI, I do NOT have a smart phone. Every time I am in the car and press Update Charging Stations in the various services it makes an attempt to connect, and then says it can't connect. When I was at the dealer last month they told me I have to subscribe to Nissan Connect Services. Again, I don't have a smart phone. Seems like it should be normal for an EV to update charging stations???? Am I doing something wrong?

Well hey I got more properly signed up with Nissan and NissanConnect, I will follow instructions and see what happens!

A smart phone won't connect to any network unless you sign up and pay for some sort of 'phone plan' that allows the phone access to the phone system network and transmitters. Nissan Connect Services is the plan for your car that allows it to connect to the 'internet of phones' which will allow your car to communicate with the network.

To flesh out the above a bit: you can get a cheap smart phone, not sign up for a phone plan of any sort, and still be able to use it with the LeafSpy app via Bluetooth and the OBDII port reader mentioned in my signature.. If you have WiFi, you can connect to the internet with it that way, and even make phone calls while in WiFi range if you are determined enough. The car should be able to update charging stations now that you have registered with Nissan Connect (aka "Nissan Never Connects").

Back