What's new for 2020?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danrjones said:
webeleafowners said:
Sooooo

My wife’s new daily driver will be a 2020 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD Red with white interior and 19 inch sport rims. It will also be our road trip car. We are selling her smart electric.

Nice!

Seems like several people here have gotten model 3's. I think if it was in my price range I'd go for the model Y though. Or X! LOL

For what its worth, I have found a couple 2020's for sale in the greater LA area to my south, but not much variety yet. Or color choices. I think they were all grey-ish. I hate grey it seems like everyone is selling fifty shades of grey. (LOL!) Yeah if only... Nissan sells the car that whips YOU! But seriously black and fives shades of grey and white.... I got white because I'm in the desert otherwise that new orange color would be interesting. Something with color.

That new orange colour is very cool.

I think what's overlooked is the software upgrades that are not reported in marketing materials. When I traded in the 2018 for 2019, I could tell instantly the ProPilot Assist had upgraded software. For example, the ping pong lane assist was much smoother and I'm pretty sure there were improvements in the intelligent cruise control as well.

I look forward to hearing feedback on the 2020 from folks.

umdkevin said:
I think what's overlooked is the software upgrades that are not reported in marketing materials. When I traded in the 2018 for 2019, I could tell instantly the ProPilot Assist had upgraded software. For example, the ping pong lane assist was much smoother and I'm pretty sure there were improvements in the intelligent cruise control as well.

I look forward to hearing feedback on the 2020 from folks.

That would be good, as my plan is now to get a leftover 2020 SV in 2021.

When we bought our 2019, the salesperson knew about the pro pilot updates and pointed out the reduced ping ponging. We had test drove a 2018 a year earlier and noticed the same. Pro pilot is pretty good. It’s great for eating and taking sips off your coffee.

I am very curious if the year 2 packs hold up better. I am hoping we can get more data pints from this board as time progresses.

I was wondering about that. Is Nissan afraid of being sued by litigious Americans for some parking mistake or even parking and people getting out of the car dinging doors on the neighbouring car?

Looks like some dealers got the 2020 models in already. There are around 200-300 available in the US now according to cars.com and cargurus.com.

I have to say, I am a bit jealous that the 2020 SV has the around view.

Now that I have leather in my 2019 SV Plus, I think that's the only feature I would have liked.

I really like the Blue colored Leaf.

The availability of Around View on the 2020 SV means that I will likely turn in my 2018 SL - unless they offer a big residual discount AND I find someone with cloth seats who wants to swap.

I did the “Factory Match” aftermarket leather. It doesn’t have the suede insert, but it does have the Blue stitching. The Leather itself feels a bit thicker, but that might be my perception.

Without a doubt the scarlet ember and the blue are our favourite current leaf colours. However the culis Red was also nice. My wife has a red model 3 Tesla on order and it would have been nice to have something like the Culis red available. When it comes time to replace my Leaf with a new Leaf I’ll probably get the scarlet ember.

mtndrew1 said:
This will be the final nail in the coffin for CHAdeMO in the US. In 2019, CCS is already outselling CHAdeMO ~38,000 units vs ~15,000 units. The 2021 model year adds the Ford Mach-E, Kia Soul EV, Mini Cooper EV, Mercedes EQC, Polestar 2, and Volvo XC40 to the CCS side while Leaf sales will almost certainly continue to contract. Why would any charging network bother to add more CHAdeMO at this point?
Mercedes EQC and gen 2 Soul EV aren't coming to the US now:
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/15/mercedes-benz-eqc-not-coming-to-america.
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1129105_report-kia-soul-ev-not-returning-to-us-market

Gen 1 Soul EV had CHAdeMO.

cwerdna said:
mtndrew1 said:
This will be the final nail in the coffin for CHAdeMO in the US. In 2019, CCS is already outselling CHAdeMO ~38,000 units vs ~15,000 units. The 2021 model year adds the Ford Mach-E, Kia Soul EV, Mini Cooper EV, Mercedes EQC, Polestar 2, and Volvo XC40 to the CCS side while Leaf sales will almost certainly continue to contract. Why would any charging network bother to add more CHAdeMO at this point?
Mercedes EQC and gen 2 Soul EV aren't coming to the US now:
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/15/mercedes-benz-eqc-not-coming-to-america.
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1129105_report-kia-soul-ev-not-returning-to-us-market

Gen 1 Soul EV had CHAdeMO.

True.

So the 2021 CCS tally is:

Mustang Mach E
Audi eTron
VW ID4
Jaguar I-PACE
BMW i3
Chevrolet Bolt + EUV
Hyundai IONIQ
Hyundai Kona
Kia eNiro