Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And they call that a corssover :?
Well I guess if they can call the Kona or Niro a crossover :roll:
I'm more put off by the stupid blue lighting and showing the car on the wall than anything else!

IEVS:
Map Shows Ford Mustang Mach-E May Make Life Harder For Tesla Model Y
https://insideevs.com/news/392851/map-ford-mach-e-tesla-model-y/

The guys at PartCatalog.com have created another very interesting map based on geotagged Twitter data. This time, they have focused on the ones that talk about the Tesla Model Y and its most significant competitor so far, the Ford Mustang Mach-E. Surprisingly, the company found out that the electric Ford may pose a considerable competition to Tesla’s most affordable SUV. . . .

this map also shows how much anticipation is there for each of these new EVs. More than 10,000 tweets were necessary to create this map. The geotagged Twitter data helped measure which of these vehicles is a prevalent topic in all the US states. Of all the 50, the Model Y wins in 30, while the Ford is the most popular electric SUV in 20 states. . . .

According to PartCatalog.com, the Ford had more interest from consumers in the Midwest and the South. The Tesla was popular in some places we did not expect it to be, such as Texas. The Mach-E also had some surprises for us, such as being the winner in Florida. . . .

Mustang Mach - E arrives in Germany.

As Ford announced out of the gate that 30,000 of the
first year production of 50,000 Mach - E's are going to
the EU --- not surprising that Demos are showing up in the EU.

Attached a link with some info:
https://www.macheclub.com/threads/mustang-mach-e-arrives-in-germany.415/

leaf16 said:
Mustang Mach - E arrives in Germany.

As Ford announced out of the gate that 30,000 of the
first year production of 50,000 Mach - E's are going to
the EU --- not surprising that Demos are showing up in the EU.

Attached a link with some info:
https://www.macheclub.com/threads/mustang-mach-e-arrives-in-germany.415/
It's probably for the same reason there are meager numbers of HyunKia BEVs in the US: https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/kia-counts-ev-hybrid-push-meet-co2-target, the gen 2 Soul EV is delayed in the US until 2021 along with the Mercedes EQC.

Thanks, found:
EU regs mean they’ll get majority of Ford’s 50k first-year Mach E production
https://electrek.co/2019/11/27/eu-regs-mean-theyll-get-majority-of-fords-50k-first-year-mach-e-production/.

IEVS:
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Roll In Norway
https://insideevs.com/news/397492/ford-mustang-mach-e-norway-first-video/

Are Norwegian EV customers pining for the F(j)ords?

The Ford Mustang Mach-E has arrived in Norway. While that may not seem like a big deal to some, that Scandanavian country's standing as an important electric vehicle market says otherwise. A higher percentage of Norwegians are choosing to buy EVs over internal combustion vehicles than any other nationality.

Mach-E Forum.com has shared a video (above) from the Simonsen Media YouTube channel that gives us a hint on how the all-electric crossover is being received in the country. Filmed at the "Solberg Bil" Ford dealership in the city of Skien, the footage shows the Mustang Mach-E being mobbed by interested consumers on the showroom floor after its delivery to the store. While they check out every it out from every angle and have their questions addressed by staff, more curious customers wait behind a velvet rope for their turn. . . .

I had to post this just for the subtitle, and no other reason.

The Mustang Mach-E Forum had some interesting info posted from the Chicago Auto Show from Jason Mase who oversees Ford’s Electrification Marketing Strategy.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Q: Will more units go to Europe
A: Deliveries will start in Europe first. (Did we know this already). This is due to new regulations like in California, where brands will be prevented from selling cars unless they sell zero emissions models. So to meet those regulations, countries like Norway will be first. After that, volume of models will be determined based on demand.

Q: What deliveries will take place in Q4? Just the First Edition?
A: First Edition will be delivered in Q4 as well as some Premium, Select, and Calif Route 1 models. He also added that all 50 states will get Q4 deliveries, regardless of the reservation number. They want to make sure that it's not just a bunch of models all getting shipped to California.

Q: When exactly will the GT model be delivered?
A: Jason wouldn't commit to an EXACT number, but did say it would be late Spring or early Summer.

leaf16 said:
The Mustang Mach-E Forum had some interesting info posted from the Chicago Auto Show from Jason Mase who oversees Ford’s Electrification Marketing Strategy.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Q: Will more units go to Europe
A: Deliveries will start in Europe first. (Did we know this already). This is due to new regulations like in California, where brands will be prevented from selling cars unless they sell zero emissions models. So to meet those regulations, countries like Norway will be first. After that, volume of models will be determined based on demand.
Kinda. See https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=576695#p576695.

Some great pics of a Mustang Mach-E in London.
I think the Model Y looks downright ugly in comparison.

https://www.macheclub.com/threads/new-mustang-mach-e-photos-in-london.531/

More pics from the Canadian International Auto Show of the Mustang Mach-E.

Also, from just today:

“Ford has just presented its Euro Spec Mach-E in in London at the Ford ‘Go Electric’ Experience.
When equipped with the extended-range battery and rear-wheel drive, the Mustang Mach-E has a targeted range of up to 600 km (370+ miles) in the WLTP cycle.
The battery supports fast charging, with 10 minutes of 150 kW charging at an IONITY station giving it a driving range of up to 93 km (57 miles).”
*********************************************************************************************************************

The usual conversion ratio for BEV vehicles from EPA to WLTP is 1.12.
So 370/1.12 = 330 Miles EPA, so could be considerably higher than initial info released.

https://www.macheclub.com/threads/mustang-mach-e-photos-from-canadian-international-auto-show.536/

I'm often wrong, but I'm more convinced than ever that they totally wrecked the Mustang name with this vehicle. I think it was a complete misfire. The mustang was a performance coupe and now it's an electric crossover. Just ridiculous. They should have come out with a new line if they had to. Honestly can you picture Chevrolet selling an electric crossover and calling it the Corvette E? It's an absurdity.

Disappointing they are blaming regulation for unwillingness to sell it over here first.

The Mustang has always had a range of powerplants that originally varied from mild straight sixes (and later on, fours) to powerful V-8s. Offering an EV that starts with the performance of a small V-8 doesn't strike me as being a betrayal of the name. The original Mustang was actually a lowly Falcon with a sportier body...

Disappointing they are blaming regulation for unwillingness to sell it over here first.

I have not seen any info that the first sales will be only in the EU. Rather that they will be the First Edition Model and delivered to the US , EU and Canada before the other Models.

You may be confusing that with the first year's 50, 000 production split with approx 20, 000 to the US and Canada and 30,000 delivered to the EU to allow Ford to cover for their ICE sales in the EU.

And actually Ford just nailed it with their choice of the Mustang name, the styling and performance on this EV.

Definitely looking like the first year run of 50,000 Mustang Pony’s will be Sold Out well before the first Electric Pony is even delivered.

jlv said:
LeftieBiker said:
The Mustang has always had a range of powerplants
I think he was referring to the body style than the powerplant.

Again, the original Mustang was a Falcon with what amounted to an extensive facelift. It was actually pretty homely, and resembled the sports cars of the era about as much as did a small delivery truck.

160482-1964-ford-mustang-std.jpg

The new version also looks like a compact car modified to look sportier. I think that people look at a '65 Mustang (often with a straight six and one carb, IIRC) and see the V-8 '69 in larval form, rather than what is actually in front of them. Personally, I don't think the Mustang looked very Sporty until the stretched version in the Seventies.

18510064-1971-ford-mustang-mach-1-thumb.jpg

And, just to make it easier to picture:

Mustang%20Mach-E%2017-min.jpg

Also, lest we not forget the 'Pintostang' (my high school girlfriend's sister had one):

74Mustang-II-Mach1-58b8e0a65f9b58af5c902579.jpg

LeftieBiker said:
Personally, I don't think the Mustang looked very Sporty until the stretched version in the Seventies.
Personally, I think they all look pretty homely except for the Mach-E. I think the Mach-E with the Mustang name has a good chance to win over the muscle car crowd.
(but what do I know... I liked the 1980s Alfa Romeo GTV and SAAB 9-3)

Back