Eco Design Package

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jev77

I was wondering if anyone that has taken delivery of their Leaf has received it with the Eco Design Package? I am getting my Leaf in the month of April and 2 weeks ago I tried to cancel that particular accessory after I actually saw what the center console cover looks like. Somebody posted it somewhere and I almost fell off my chair. I don't mind the decals but the center console cover looks kind of gaudy. I was told that my car was already in production, and that I couldn't make any changes, I am stuck with the Eco Design Package. So, I have a few questions:

1) Does the center console cover match the color of the car or do they all come in the color blue like the one I saw in a accessory picture?

2) Does it look like it is a snap-on or stick-on so as to be easily removed?

3) Finally, how does it look in real life? Maybe I would even like it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

jev77 said:
I was told that my car was already in production, and that I couldn't make any changes, I am stuck with the Eco Design Package.
Who did you contact ? My dealer got it removed for me (hopefully).

jev77 said:
1) Does the center console cover match the color of the car or do they all come in the color blue like the one I saw in a accessory picture?

It's blue on my blue Leaf, I cannot comment on other colors.
jev77 said:
2) Does it look like it is a snap-on or stick-on so as to be easily removed?
It appears to be a completely new console piece....no sticker or anything easily removed. From what I can tell, the console would need to be replaced to change it.

jev77 said:
3) Finally, how does it look in real life? Maybe I would even like it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Pretty tacky and out of place, actually. Since I'm leasing, I'll leave it. If I had bought, I'd look into replacing it. But personal preferrence prevails, as always.

jev77 said:

Two weeks ago I talked to Patrick at Nissan and he put me on conferance call with my dealer and we deleted the eco design package. Yesterday I called Patrick to ask him when my dashboard would update? He looked at my order and said it was too late to stop it. I told him how dissappointed I was in Nissan with what little info we had about accessories when ordering. I would have never ordered that particular package had I known that the center console would look like Dorothy's shoes in "The Wizard of Oz". Anyway, I was happy to hear that my car was in production but very unhappy to find out I could NOT stop this ad-on especially since it is the very last thing they will do to the car prior to delivery.

Jimmydreams said:
jev77 wrote:

Two weeks ago I talked to Patrick at Nissan and he put me on conferance call with my dealer and we deleted the eco design package. Yesterday I called Patrick to ask him when my dashboard would update? He looked at my order and said it was too late to stop it. I told him how dissappointed I was in Nissan with what little info we had about accessories when ordering. I would have never ordered that particular package had I known that the center console would look like Dorothy's shoes in "The Wizard of Oz". Anyway, I was happy to hear that my car was in production but very unhappy to find out I could NOT stop this ad-on especially since it is the very last thing they will do to the car prior to delivery.

I forgot to mention that I don't even have a vin yet. Just "month of April". Maybe I'm not talking to the right person? My dealer said I had to go through Nissan. Any thoughts?

jev77 said:
Jimmydreams said:
jev77 wrote:

I forgot to mention that I don't even have a vin yet. Just "month of April". Maybe I'm not talking to the right person? My dealer said I had to go through Nissan. Any thoughts?

Escalate the call and jump to Patricks Supervisor at the Nissan Call Service Center.
Someone mentioned on another thread to pop an energy drink, hold the phone close to your mouth, speak a bit loud and demand the change.....
That should do the trick.... Good Luck

jev77 said:
My dashboard hasn't updated either - but I've a mail from Nissan that was sent to my dealer which says it is deleted.

Speak to a CSR about the dashboard and tell them about this change. Ask them to confirm it ... they haven't been to do it for me yet, but hopefully they will. I asked for an update yesterday ...

ps : The accessories get added after landing at LA. So, until then they can safely change the accessories.

Are you sure no accessories are done in production?

If the ECO console is "done" in the US, then they might have to remove the black console, and have some to spare.

Does the Service Manual show how to remove the "console"?

I've had no luck changing my "Pending" order options either.

Nissan Chat says they will escalate to a supervisor and make the change, but they never do anything.
Each call is brand new. It's like 50 First Dates meets Groundhog Day, only I'm trying to get something done here...

Dealer says to contact Nissan, of course.

Note that this is a Pending order with no known production date, and still can't delete the options we had to order blind in October. Way to go, Nissan.

garygid said:
Are you sure no accessories are done in production?
Yes - these are port installed accessories. Nissan has a different terminaology for factory installed - options (QC in Leaf).

OK, so there must be an easy way to replace the sparkley-blue console "cover".

I thought, long ago, I read that it was something "applied", but ... maybe that was wrong, or changed?

I fell into the same trap as many others, ordering the eco design package (ordered by phone) without knowing what it is. It looks like I won’t be able to remove the option from my order.

Has anyone successfully removed the side decal?

Has anyone replaced the center console with the standard piece?

P.S. EVDRIVER – I would only remove the decal after the CA rebate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JimK said:
I fell into the same trap as many others, ordering the eco design package (ordered by phone) without knowing what it is. It looks like I won’t be able to remove the option from my order.

Has anyone successfully removed the side decal?

Has anyone replaced the center console with the standard piece?

P.S. EVDRIVER – I would only remove the decal after the CA rebate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ready for this one? Here we go:

1. A month ago, I emailed my dealer and requested to remove the "Eco Design Package" while my order was still on "pending".
2. My dealer told me (politely) to talk to Nissan to have that done.
3. Nissan (CS) told me to talk to my dealer.
4. I told CS that I had already talked to my dealer.
5. CS said they'd have a conference call with my dealer and have it taken care of.
6. My dashboard changed to reflect that there was a change pending
7. two weeks ago, my delivery date changed from "pending" to "month of June".
8. Two days ago, CS called to advise me that my car was "in production", and there could be no changes.
CS (Pam) acknowledged that the ECO pkg was a Port-installed option, but that the paperwork could not be changed once the car was in production. :eek:
9. My dashboard changed to reflect that there were no pending changes.
10. WTF!

Isn't this FUN? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

derkraut said:
Ready for this one? Here we go:

1. A month ago, I emailed my dealer and requested to remove the "Eco Design Package" while my order was still on "pending".
2. My dealer told me (politely) to talk to Nissan to have that done.
3. Nissan (CS) told me to talk to my dealer.
4. I told CS that I had already talked to my dealer.
5. CS said they'd have a conference call with my dealer and have it taken care of.
6. My dashboard changed to reflect that there was a change pending
7. two weeks ago, my delivery date changed from "pending" to "month of June".
8. Two days ago, CS called to advise me that my car was "in production", and there could be no changes.
CS (Pam) acknowledged that the ECO pkg was a Port-installed option, but that the paperwork could not be changed once the car was in production. :eek:
9. My dashboard changed to reflect that there were no pending changes.
10. WTF!

Isn't this FUN? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That’s why I’m giving up on canceling the “accessory” on my order. We need someone to go through the trash can in Long Beach, collect the consoles, and sell us back the original ones. :idea: :idea: :idea: Blue bling in a red car??? :eek: I don’t think so! I can’t imagine that I will like the decal either, so I plan on trying a slow peel process to remove it. I don’t know if that is possible and if the glue leaves a residue or not. To bad we can’t stop the application of this crap at the dock. :( I would even let them keep the money for the option at this point. :| Pictures would have been nice during the ordering process. :?

The blue center console is applied over the black original. You could probably have someone remove it if you could clean the glue off.

This is confirmed because you can order this cover from parts and it has instructions on how to glue it over the original center console.

I will probably have mine removed and refinished to match my red exterior paint job.

When I ordered it I thought it would be like the Juke center console and be same as the exterior color of the car.

I also had my dealer remove the sticker and replace it with the standard Zero Emission badge that looks great.

I had to pay for the badges but my dealer didn't charge me for any service.

cardw said:
I also had my dealer remove the sticker and replace it with the standard Zero Emission badge that looks great.

I had to pay for the badges but my dealer didn't charge me for any service.

Thanks for the good news! :D Now I know that if I don't like the way they look I can remove them. If you find a paint match for the console let me know. :)

I removed the side decals and am going to replace with a personalized badge. The blue console and kickplates are not bad though.

Has anyone figured out how to change from blue to black? Planning on ordering a black one from nissan to see how it's installed

The black one is under the blue application. If you can get the glue off you will have your black one.

Back