Official Ford Mustang Mach-E BECUV topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My point is that efficiency is important. The longer you can go on a given amount of energy, the less of a problem that inferior charging infrastructure becomes.

As much as I Love my 2019 SL Plus , I just placed a reservation for the Mustang Mach-E.
Really like the design especially the interior setup.

Ordered the Premium 98.8 KWH (300 Mile) model --- looking forward to it’s arrival.

webb14leafs said:
Daklein said:
They need the Bullitt edition in green.
Hell. Yes.

OT. If you've got just a teensy bit more loose change, you might opt for this instead:
McQueen-driven, original Bullitt Mustang will head to auction
This is the exact hero car used to film Bullitt, and Steve McQueen drove it.
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/mcqueen-bullitt-mustang-auction/

. . . At the 2018 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Ford presented the original Bullitt Mustang, the same car seen here, alongside its 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt special edition. The whole production helped celebrate the film's 50th anniversary. The current owner inherited the car from his father, and so the story goes, McQueen himself tried to persuade the original owner to sell it to him. That never happened.

At the time of its presentation to the public, auto enthusiast site Hagerty took a closer look at the totally unrestored Bullitt Mustang and ventured the car is probably worth around $4 million. That's when the current owner said it wasn't for sale. Knowing it's up for grabs, I can easily imagine a bidding war brewing. We'll know how much the car is worth to collectors when Mecum Kissimmee kicks off Jan. 2, 2020.

Start digging in between those sofa cushions for change. :lol:

For Blue Bloods fans:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt503753...&fv0=nm0137230&ft1=image_type&fv1=still_frame

Henry Reagan:

"Best Christmas card photo ever."

Back on topic, I like most of what Ford did here, although I'd want a ER AWD without the pano roof (which isn't available), the car's too expensive and at least six inches too long for my needs (186" length) and the AWD version's short on range, but it will definitely give the Model Y a run for its money, especially with Ford having the full credit. I like the regular dash, the L2 charging speed's (48A) good and QC's decent, and Ford's including a portable 240V/32A EVSE in the car.

ABG has interior and exterior views showing the color options for all the various trims: https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/18/ford-mustang-mach-e-colors-trims-interiors/#slide-2186767

It is an interesting vehicle but with a price tag above where I would want to be. If i read through their spec sheets, to even get heated seats you are at 50 something grand before rebates. And it does not appear any of the variants have a hybrid heater to save battery nor ventilated seats.

I also think Tesla will be into the 400 mile ranges soon - probably next year with model S.

While getting my leaf serviced last weekend I looked at a kia niro ev next door, and its very nice. Its not nearly as sporty as the ford but it does have some features the ford does not, and for less money. The kia is still MSRP of 45k but I am wondering how far below MSRP they might go.

Same with the ford - those are MSRP pricing. Are folks that are going to get one negotiate a lower price?
When I got my leaf, the dealer clearly had a lot of room to negotiate as they had already marked it well below MSRP.

Per Ford's configure page, the Premium has:

Heated First Row Seats
Heated Steering Wheel

I imagine the options list will add rear heated seats at some point as they get closer to production release, and may offer them and the heated wheel on other trims.

I think the price is actually reasonable from a relative standpoint. The Kona is still selling (where available) for around $40K, and the Leaf+ was selling for $42K until a month or so ago. Yes it's expensive, but any new car is too expensive. My wife wants a Rav4 Hybrid, and the total cost of ownership for that car would exceed the Mach E (assuming it doesn't need a ton of unplanned maintenance).

GRA said:
Per Ford's configure page, the Premium has:

Heated First Row Seats
Heated Steering Wheel

I imagine the options list will add rear heated seats at some point as they get closer to production release, and may offer them and the heated wheel on other trims.

Then if someone gives me one, I will likely keep it.

webb14leafs said:
I think the price is actually reasonable from a relative standpoint. The Kona is still selling (where available) for around $40K, and the Leaf+ was selling for $42K until a month or so ago. Yes it's expensive, but any new car is too expensive. My wife wants a Rav4 Hybrid, and the total cost of ownership for that car would exceed the Mach E (assuming it doesn't need a ton of unplanned maintenance).

I was thinking of replacing our outback with a plugin Rav4 hybrid coming this next year. But CA changed the rebate to a minimum of 35 miles for a plugin hybrid to qualify, and based on the current Prius prime, I don't think it will have enough miles. TBD

That's true about the costs. As I was saying, I like the Niro eV but since the cars are sitting around on the dealers lots, that must mean they are not negotiating much. Still, paying 50k to get heated seats is a bit too much. Maybe you guys are right and that will be an option on the lower trims.

I'd want the CA edition, assuming I could afford it - which I cannot - and it wasn't listed with heated seats.

danrjones said:
webb14leafs said:

I was thinking of replacing our outback with a plugin Rav4 hybrid coming this next year. But CA changed the rebate to a minimum of 35 miles for a plugin hybrid to qualify, and based on the current Prius prime, I don't think it will have enough miles. TBD

That's true about the costs. As I was saying, I like the Niro eV but since the cars are sitting around on the dealers lots, that must mean they are not negotiating much. Still, paying 50k to get heated seats is a bit too much. Maybe you guys are right and that will be an option on the lower trims.

I'd want the CA edition, assuming I could afford it - which I cannot - and it wasn't listed with heated seats.

I would think it would be a no-brainer in CA. Don't you get an extra $4K for EVs? Or is it only $2500?

Take almost $12K off the MSRP of a car that likely saves you over $200 in gas/month. Brings the total cost of ownership down to the level of a carolla. Californians (I used to be one) typically have long commutes and expensive gas.

webb14leafs said:
danrjones said:
webb14leafs said:

I would think it would be a no-brainer in CA. Don't you get an extra $4K for EVs? Or is it only $2500?

Take almost $12K off the MSRP of a car that likely saves you over $200 in gas/month. Brings the total cost of ownership down to the level of a carolla. Californians (I used to be one) typically have long commutes and expensive gas.

Except I already have a leaf, so it has to be good enough to justify the switch. I actually have a very short commute, which is why the standard leaf worked just fine. I only charge it about every third night. Don't get me wrong, it looks great but its also a lot more money that I'm not sure I can justify. I was able to snag the leaf for 15.5k after rebates, credits and dealer discount, for comparison.

GRA said:
danrjones said:
webb14leafs said:

Yeah, I'm also willing to consider the PHEV RAV4 as a replacement for my Forester, once it arrives and we get some tests, reviews and prices, although I really don't want to buy another fossil-fuel burning car. OTOH, if you don't need AWD the Niro PHEV is available now, with a 26 mile AER (which apparently meets the 35 mile AER on the UDDS cycle that CARB's requiring), for a base MSRP+ dest. of $28,840, which is much more in line with what you probably paid for your Outback - my 2003 Forester 2.5XS was (IIRR) $24,344 OTD including TTL.

danrjones said:

The Niro (base model) EV comes closest to what I want, but without AWD and with its limited range, no capacity warranty and charging speed that's both too slow and also slightly too fast, it's a tough sell for me. I liked it okay when I test drove it, but I really don't want to go back to having to put chains on and take them off again when I don't need them. The Ford's more than I'm willing to pay for any car, unless it's an unlimited range ZEV powered by a 20 year on-board supply of unobtainium, and meets all my other requirements.

No battery capacity warranty? According the the Kia Canada 2020 warranty manual, the Kia EV battery capacity warranty is better than Nissan's. Is it different in the USA?
High Voltage Battery Capacity Coverage
The Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery (“EV Battery”) Capacity warranty coverage period is 8 years or 160,000 kilometres
from the Date of First Service, whichever comes first, for capacity loss below 70% of the original battery capacity.
This warranty covers repairs needed to return battery capacity to 70% of original battery capacity. If possible, the
EV battery components will be repaired or replaced, and the original EV Battery will be returned to the vehicle. If
necessary, the EV Battery will be replaced with either a new or remanufactured Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery. Any
repair or replacement made under this Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery Capacity Coverage may not return your
Lithium-Ion Battery to an “as new” condition with the original 100% battery capacity. However, it will provide the
vehicle with an EV Battery capacity of at least 70% of the original battery capacity.
https://www.kia.ca/kia-warranty?sourceid=footer

Titanium48 said:
No battery capacity warranty? According the the Kia Canada 2020 warranty manual, the Kia EV battery capacity warranty is better than Nissan's. Is it different in the USA?
High Voltage Battery Capacity Coverage
The Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery (“EV Battery”) Capacity warranty coverage period is 8 years or 160,000 kilometres
from the Date of First Service, whichever comes first, for capacity loss below 70% of the original battery capacity.
This warranty covers repairs needed to return battery capacity to 70% of original battery capacity. If possible, the
EV battery components will be repaired or replaced, and the original EV Battery will be returned to the vehicle. If
necessary, the EV Battery will be replaced with either a new or remanufactured Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery. Any
repair or replacement made under this Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery Capacity Coverage may not return your
Lithium-Ion Battery to an “as new” condition with the original 100% battery capacity. However, it will provide the
vehicle with an EV Battery capacity of at least 70% of the original battery capacity.
https://www.kia.ca/kia-warranty?sourceid=footer

Yes, different. Much like there being no Rule 6 at the Philosophy Dept,. of the University of Woolloomoloo, there is no capacity warranty in the U.S.A. Same goes for the Kona. See
EVALUATING ELECTRIC VEHICLE WARRANTIES
https://www.myev.com/research/buyers-sellers-advice/evaluating-electric-vehicle-warranties

Note how both Hyundai and Kia are left out of the list of companies that offer capacity warranties here. Canada's climate probably explains why they offer a capacity warranty there, if it's not a government mandate. I sent Kia an email awhile back pointing out that if they had no confidence in their battery's longevity, a lot of their potential customers wouldn't have any either, and would look elsewhere.

Ford has stated first year Global Production will be limited to 50,000 for the Mustang Mach-E --- limited by battery supply.

Looks like reservations are running over 4,000 per day, so the first year production should be fully reserved by the end of this week (the end of Nov).

Also, just noticed on the Ford Reservation Site --- they placed an Almost Sold Out Tag on the First Edition Model --- which will be the first units delivered.

That didn’t take long.

^^^ ABG:
Going, going, gone: 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition is sold out in U.S.
It's still available overseas
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/27/ford-mustang-mach-e-first-edition-sold-out/

. . . Priced at $59,900 before destination, the First Edition model comes with dual-motor all-wheel drive, 333 horsepower, and up to 270 miles of range. It stands out from the other variants with model-specific scuff plates, brushed aluminum pedal caps, red brake calipers, and contrast stitching.

With the First Edition out of the picture, the Mustang Mach-E lineup consists of four trim levels named Select, Premium, California Route 1, and GT. Pricing ranges from $43,895 for the entry-level Select to $60,500 for the flagship GT before incentives and destination. Deliveries of the First Edition will begin in late 2020, and the GT will be available in the spring of 2021. . . .

ABG:
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E buyers want range and all-wheel drive
Ford releases stats on Mustang Mach-E pre-orders
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/30/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-pre-order-stats-facts/

. . . Overwhelmingly, buyers want the most range possible. Ford says 80% of buyers are ordering their Mach-Es with the extended-range battery pack that provides an estimated 300 miles of range with rear-wheel drive and 270 miles with all-wheel drive. By a slimmer majority, just 55%, people are willing to sacrifice those 30 miles of range for all-wheel traction. The Mach-E is also proving to be popular among Californians; Ford says more than 25% of pre-orders are coming from the Sunshine State.

Ford even provided details on which colors are proving to be popular. While the color pallet for the Mach-E consists mostly of shades of gray, two of the top three colors are, well, colors. In third place is Rapid Red Metallic at 27% — it's worth noting that this red shade includes a $400 upcharge. In second place is Grabber Blue at 35%, which we know for sure is available on the First Edition and the GT Performance Package, but it's unclear whether it will be available on other trims. With its more limited availability, it must be popular among First Edition and GT buyers to reach that percentage. And just for reference, 30% of Mach-E pre-orders are for the GT trim. Just beating out Grabber Blue is Carbonized Gray, a no-charge color available on all trims. It's featured on 38% of current orders. . . .

Attached a Link to pictures of the Mustang Mach-E
at the CES 2020 Las Vegas show.

https://www.macheclub.com/threads/ford-mustang-mach-e-at-ces-2020.388/

I'm in Vegas for CES and saw the Mach-E. I found it to be rather unattractive. I wasn't interested in the vehicle before and am just as uninterested or even more so now.

Back