GCC: Researchers map CO2 emissions for entire Los Angeles Megacity to help improve environmental policymaking

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2019/08/20190830.html

Talk about microclimates:
A team from Northern Arizona University, Arizona State University, the University of Michigan, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory have developed a high-resolution, bottom-up emissions map that includes every building and road in the Los Angeles megacity basin for a total of 176 million tons of CO2 per year.

The results are published in Earth Systems Science Data. The Los Angeles megacity—the third-largest metropolitan area in the world—occupies 4,850 square miles and houses more than 18.5 million people. . . .

Hello,
I also found an illustrative article by Hannah Ritchie and Max Roser: How have global CO2 emissions changed over time? And as far as I know, the New York Times Interactive section has a detailed map of auto emissions in America. Can't find the reference now.

Back