Is this LeafSpy data ok for 2014 with 62,000 miles?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldbrick said:
I think the heater's max power draw also depends on whether or not the car is in 'eco' mode but I don't know the details.

I know that Eco mode limits the climate control draw to either 1.5kw or 3.0kw. I think it's the latter. Yes, I'm nearly certain of that, now.

sendler2112 said:
I thought max PTC consumption was 3 kW?

Is there not two of them? so theoretically 6 KW? I have seen as much as 4.5 KW SEVERAL times. One thing to consider; power usage is directly tied to fan speed likely thru SW based on reaction time. So high fan to break the chill then lower it to 2 or 3 to keep chill off. Otherwise, you WILL use double the power.

Right now, I am only using seat heaters and steering wheel and that works for anything above 40º. Key thing is dress for the weather and wear a hat. Keeping my head warm makes all the difference in the World.

FYI; I wear shorts and t-shirts to work EVERY day. But its not because I am so acclimated to cold. I agree that in the evening going home, I am warmer initially due the the blood pumping and all that (a roughly half mile walk to parking lot does contribute) but we had some mornings with temps in upper 20's and even when parked in garage, it took all of 5 mins before I was turning on heat. So you will use it.

I am good with using my heated motorcycle jacket liner and glove liners plugged into the car at 250W for my own comfort and just need to keep the glass clear for 45 minutes with complete preconditioning on both ends of the commute.

LeftieBiker said:
Is there not two of them? so theoretically 6 KW? I have seen as much as 4.5 KW SEVERAL times.

A 2014 SV or SL will have a both a heat pump and a PTC (resistance) heater - one of each.

Tried it yesterday morning, I was able to hit 5.25 KW for about a minute. It would appear I could only do that on max fan speed. At fan level 3, the highest I could go was 3.75 KW

DaveinOlyWA said:
Tried it yesterday morning, I was able to hit 5.25 KW for about a minute. It would appear I could only do that on max fan speed. At fan level 3, the highest I could go was 3.75 KW
Heat pump system? Which car version?

sendler2112 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Heat pump system? Which car version?

S

Something weird; Tried to replicate results yesterday morning and couldn't get it to read higher than 3000. Granted, it was only 44º (much warmer than previous mornings) but car was well below thermostat set point...

sendler2112 said:
26 miles remaining on the guessometer.
You really don't want to even look at the GOM. In my 2013, when it said 20 miles on the GOM I really had no more than 12 miles according to LeafSpyPro. That is a huge difference.

jlv said:
sendler2112 said:
26 miles remaining on the guessometer.
You really don't want to even look at the GOM. In my 2013, when it said 20 miles on the GOM I really had no more than 12 miles according to LeafSpyPro. That is a huge difference.

On my 40, I see the opposite. When GOM says I have 3 miles left, LSP says 20.

But LSP estimates are based on user input. I would reevaluate your math.

Here is the screen shot at the bottom of the pack. Not quite turtle but I took it down to the car reading SOC 7%. LeafSpy says 19%?
74339273_2530872526991844_6038252873148530688_n.jpg

Original battery. 5.5 years old and 62,000 miles. Still giving me 55-60 real world highway miles in 15F weather. Might go downhill fast though with me having to push it from 100% to 20% twice a day. It has about the equivalent of 800 full cycles on it now. If another 800 full cycle equivalent takes it to 70% SOH I will no longer make my range and be forced to sell it or replace the battery. 400 more work day trips?
The steering wheel heater is very hot. It's surprising how warm this can keep your whole upper body gaining heat through your hands. ACC set to 68 and fan speed 1 keeps the glass clear while using less than 1 kW. My knees feel the radiant cold through the glass. A small 12v electric blanket is my next purchase.
Why does LeafSpy show SOC 19% when the car showed 7%. 3.56V is obviously just about done with one cell at 3.50.

sendler2112 said:
Original battery. 5.5 years old and 62,000 miles. Still giving me 55-60 real world highway miles in 15F weather. Might go downhill fast though with me having to push it from 100% to 20% twice a day. It has about the equivalent of 800 full cycles on it now. If another 800 full cycle equivalent takes it to 70% SOH I will no longer make my range and be forced to sell it or replace the battery. 400 more work day trips?
The steering wheel heater is very hot. It's surprising how warm this can keep your whole upper body gaining heat through your hands. ACC set to 68 and fan speed 1 keeps the glass clear while using less than 1 kW. My knees feel the radiant cold through the glass. A small 12v electric blanket is my next purchase.
Why does LeafSpy show SOC 19% when the car showed 7%. 3.56V is obviously just about done with one cell at 3.50.

The SOC reported by car or LS is based on calculated capacity of the pack. One has a hidden buffer, the other does not.

This is the reason there is no specific GID value for Turtle. Turtle is a voltage controlled situation. It comes on when it senses ONE cell hitting the critical voltage.

Now, despite one cell being close to that critical voltage, one could conceivably drive relatively far since there is still power in the pack. This is where Eco comes in. This is where gentle driving comes in.

Your scenario of driving from 100% to 20% daily will help bring the pack back into line (as long as there is no defective cells which appears unlikely in your case)

I don't recommend 100% charging generally but its Winter and you need the range so definitely do it. In Summer reevaluate to see if you can get away with charging to 80% or something lower.

Check your tire pressures. I would go no lower than 40 PSI "cold"

Back