Interstate 80, the new E Highway in the works

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I think it's cool as I travel I-80 a few times a year. I still don't think I'd take my Leaf on this route, though. My Leaf just isn't a road-trip car. I'd consider it if I was transporting it from place to another but otherwise, it stays in CO.

https://www.peoriapublicradio.org/post/ ... 0#stream/0

I don't think that people who start most sentences with "So" should be in charge of anything more than the office Secret Santa exchange. Expect that "e highway" at the end of this century - the end of the next one at the latest.

Now now, if you look up Iowa fast charging and Nebraska fast charging, each has a program in flight which included i80.

I have driven Iowa and Indiana in my Plus without getting stuck, but would certainly welcome redundancy with more chargers.

I had lunch today with a vendor from the Bay Area. He believes Tesla is starting to increment prices in the Superchargers to start turning profit out of the stations. I have no basis for truth or accuracy, but he quoted paying close to 40 cents per kilowatt in CA at the stations. (He drives a 100D, but without free supercharging)

If Tesla charges “per mile” and is able to slowly increase real or assumed miles per kilowatt, by upping the equation, they increase the cost of power/charging.

Back