Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GRA said:
I'm back. As WetEV noted, two sites have opened, making 22 for the month and 324 total: Elmhurst, NY (Urb., I-495); Issaquah, WA (I-90 Ex. 15/17). BTW, is it pronounced ISSaquah or IsSAQuah?

ISSaquah--sort of like Ithaca but without a lisp (and a kwa at the end).

As WetEV noted, San Ramon, CA (Urb., I-680 ex. 36) is open, #23 for the month and #325 total. While I appreciate the value of the urban sites, I really want EA to close the remaining gaps on the national interstate and (in California) rural Hwy corridors, and they've been static for a few weeks now.

coulomb said:
WetEV said:
The dual charging cables are not designed to charge two vehicles at the same time, but rather to easily reach your car’s charging port—no matter where it’s located. If either connector is in use, look for a different open charger.
This hadn't penetrated my thick skull till now. They go to all the trouble of putting on a second expensive cable for an extra 3 feet of access? It seems madness.

Maybe the cables fail often, and having a spare on site is worth the expense.

I'm nearly certain that other brands of dual-cable charrgers can charge two vehicles at once, very likely power sharing.

Yeah, having looked at several EA sites, I really don't see the point of the extra cables bar redundancy, as they're so close together it's really not going to provide any more access. Most of the sites I've seen only serve a single parking row with each pedestal only serving a single space, so it's not as if you can connect your car while you wait for the charger to be free, and it will automatically start when the previous user leaves.

As WetEV noted two sites are open, making 25 for the month and 327 total: Selma, CA (Jct. S.R. 99/43 ex. 118); Northborough, MA (S.R. 9 E. of Jct. U.S. 20).

Selma's been "Coming Soon" for a long time, but doesn't add all that much other than capacity to travel along S.R. 99, as the sites in Bakersfield and at Arbor Faire in Fresno are 117 miles apart - Selma shortens the distance to Bakersfield to 95 miles. While I'm not familiar with driving patterns in the area, Northborough doesn't seem to add much other than capacity to that area either, as Auburn is nearby on the interstate, but maybe it's to avoid the tolls on that route.

Okay, Westminster, CA (I-405 ex. 18) makes #27 for the month of October, and #329 total.

California got a lot of love this past month with 11 sites opening out of the 27, albeit mainly in urban areas rather than the rural QCs that will expand coverage and enable road trips. We did get Indio, Bakersfield and Rocklin, although the last is more a case of infill.

Here's a question why would plug share delete a EA listing?

I noted on plug share that all the posts and photos regarding the Coso Junction EA station on 395 got deleted.
Someone started it over, but why would it get deleted?

Dan,

Yes, that's my comment on that station. I had several comments and quite a few photos with captions. That all takes time and I do that for the PlugShare community. This is not the first time this has happened with photos and comments on a station.

These were deleted and in their place was a photo of some quy with an id that suggested he worked for PlugShare.

I asked my question then his photo disappeared as well.

Paul

As WetEV noted, Miami, FL #3 (on S.R. 934 W. of Jct. S.R. 9) is open, #1 for the month and #330 total. Although this would seem to be an urban location (It is at a Walmart), it has 5 CCS/1 CCS-CHAdeMO.

A disturbing number of once-functional stations are currently out of order, at least near me. Along I-90 in NY, Albany, Herkimer, Waterloo, and Fredonia are out of order. Only Cheektowaga (Buffalo) is working. And I thought EVGo/Greenlots' reliability was bad!

As of Friday, November 1, the EA app showed this:
9vU4lqv.png

danrjones said:
Here's a question why would plug share delete a EA listing?

I noted on plug share that all the posts and photos regarding the Coso Junction EA station on 395 got deleted.
Someone started it over, but why would it get deleted?

Some user input is simply too inaccurate. I had a station locally that at one time had 3 different Plugshare entries and the user likely used the "I'm here now" GPS setting to place the stations and missed BADLY to where it was placed on the wrong side of I-5 with the actual station roughly a half mile East of the freeway. Since it was a completely different address, etc. I actually went out to look for this station and based on the address, was at a secured State motor pool lot. NOTHING there but a fence and bunch of vehicles parked inside...

Back