Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One local, one California...
Right by I5, I405 and Seatac airport.

301 Strander Blvd.
Tukwila, WA 98188

9001 Apollo Way
Downey, CA 90242

WetEV's list includes several sites that are already open, as well as "Coming Soon" sites. The open ones I noticed were in the west, e.g. el Paso, Trinidad, Beaver, Cedar City, Casa Grande, Benson, Flagstaff, Winslow, Grants, Gallup, Mesquite.

Three sites are open including the two noted by WetEV, making 19 for the month and 321 total: Tukwila, WA (I-5 ex. 153 or I-405 ex. 1); Downey, CA (Urb., I-105 ex. 16/17 or I-605 ex. 9B); Falls Church, VA (U.S. 50).

GRA said:
WetEV's list includes several sites that are already open, as well as "Coming Soon" sites. The open ones I noticed were in the west, e.g. el Paso, Trinidad, Beaver, Cedar City, Casa Grande, Benson, Flagstaff, Winslow, Grants, Gallup, Mesquite.

Yes. The source for my list is the sites that I've put on notification. There was a glitch when most of AZ was shown as coming soon, so they got added. I need to check this list a few more times... Sigh.

Is there any value in me trying to maintain such a list?

WetEV said:
Is there any value in me trying to maintain such a list?

That's up to you. They're all shown on EA's map, but if you were to separate them by state, I think that would be useful. BTW, with the opening of Downey, California has 40 open EA QC sites.

Saugus, MA (Urb., U.S. 1) is open, #20 for the month and #322 total.

I'll be out of town and probably off-line for the next few days, so I leave it up to WetEV and others to keep track of openings in the interim. I hope to check on the status of a few "Coming Soon" sites in passing, if time permits.

BTW, I notice that EA has now added open (322) and coming soon (138) station counts to their map page, and they also show the number of open CCS (1,116), CCS-CHAdeMO (322), and L2 (51) stations. As L2s are only at urban sites, we can see that currently there should be 271 Hwy QC sites which all should have at least one 350kW charger, not that anyone can use the full capacity yet.

Bakersfield's Panera Bread site still has two of four kiosks down. Both are 350 kW. One 150 kW CCS is working and one 50 kW CHAdeMO/150 kW CCS kiosk looked like it was in operation.

Paul

I'm back. As WetEV noted, two sites have opened, making 22 for the month and 324 total: Elmhurst, NY (Urb., I-495); Issaquah, WA (I-90 Ex. 15/17). BTW, is it pronounced ISSaquah or IsSAQuah?

I was up in Yosemite doing some peak-bagging, but managed to check out a couple of EA s"Coming Soon" sites (as well as some CEC ones (see the "Expanding EV charging in Yosemite" topic for those) while driving up and back. Work was underway in Tracy when I passed by Wednesday afternoon - the stalls are in, but wiring and maybe some pavement work was being done.

I took Hwy 108 instead of 120 so I could pass through Bridgeport. The site appears to be complete: all stalls are in, the transformer's on its pad, and all paving and striping is done. I don't know if they're waiting on final inspection or ?

A couple of days ago, on a 6000 mile road trip, I stumbled across an EA site at a Walmart in Hays, Kansas. Seven CCS plugs and one Chademo, as is typical. Looks brand new — don't suppose it will get much use in such a remote location until the network is filled in. First time I've had a chance to see an EA station up close.

pnssHLKZ_o.jpg

vWs1kHnz_o.jpg

Wi02yHYB_o.jpg

GRA said:
^^^ Although they all have dual connectors, it's actually just 3 CCS plus 1 CCS-CHAdeMO. Judging by the check-ins on Plugshare, that site has been notably unreliable.
My impression from looking at the installation, and description on the structure, is that each pedestal can deliver 300kW to one cord or share it between two cords. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to have two cords per pedestal. The CCS/Chademo pedestal was limited to 150 kW on the CCS plug and 50 kW on the Chademo plug.

dgpcolorado said:
GRA said:
^^^ Although they all have dual connectors, it's actually just 3 CCS plus 1 CCS-CHAdeMO. Judging by the check-ins on Plugshare, that site has been notably unreliable.
My impression from looking at the installation, and description on the structure, is that each pedestal can deliver 300kW to one cord or share it between two cords. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to have two cords per pedestal. The CCS/Chademo pedestal was limited to 150 kW on the CCS plug and 50 kW on the Chademo plug.
The dual charging cables are not designed to charge two vehicles at the same time, but rather to easily reach your car’s charging port—no matter where it’s located. If either connector is in use, look for a different open charger. Most Electrify America locations will have four or more chargers at a station.

https://www.electrifyamerica.com/charging-with-us

WetEV said:
The dual charging cables are not designed to charge two vehicles at the same time, but rather to easily reach your car’s charging port—no matter where it’s located. If either connector is in use, look for a different open charger.
This hadn't penetrated my thick skull till now. They go to all the trouble of putting on a second expensive cable for an extra 3 feet of access? It seems madness.

Maybe the cables fail often, and having a spare on site is worth the expense.

I'm nearly certain that other brands of dual-cable chargers can charge two vehicles at once, very likely power sharing.

WetEV said:
The dual charging cables are not designed to charge two vehicles at the same time, but rather to easily reach your car’s charging port—no matter where it’s located. If either connector is in use, look for a different open charger.
This hadn't penetrated my thick skull till now. They go to all the trouble of putting on a second expensive cable for an extra 3 feet of access? It seems madness.

Maybe the cables fail often, and having a spare on site is worth the expense.

I'm nearly certain that other brands of dual-cable charrgers can charge two vehicles at once, very likely power sharing.

Judging by the check-ins on Plugshare, that site has been notably unreliable.
That would be https://www.plugshare.com/location/154516 -- for a site that is under a year old, it doesn't look like one I would like to depend upon for any long distance trip.

Back