iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an iPhone Xr and I use it in the Landscape mode in my car. Then the Natch will cut of some Digitis on the Charge Power. Is it possible to fix this in an future version?

Beanzamillion21 said:
I accidentally purchased. How can I refund. I will never use the app because I don’t have a Leaf.
The developer can't help you with that. You need to contact Apple for this. Here's how: https://www.imore.com/how-to-get-refund-itunes-app-store

Updated to an iPhone 11 with IOS 13.1.x and the miles/KwH calculations and therefore range are now incorrect. I am seeing a range of over 300 miles associated with 24 miles/KwH and more. Tire Pressure and battery percentages appear to be normal. Not sure if anyone else has seen these types of readings. Thanks

I have an iPhone 10, running 13.1.3 (latest version). Trying to connect to an Llink OBD v.2. Your instructions say that I cannot connect through Bluetooth, yet I think I was able to do that a week or so ago. In trying to connect through WiFi, when I bring up Networks on the phone, it does not recognize anything under "Other", and does not recognize anything I try to enter there. How do I find the name of the network? On Settings on your app, it only lists my home network, and gives me no option to change that.
The Leaf recognizes my phone, but won't connect via WiFi - only Bluetooth. The Llink appears to stay on all the time - I thought v.2 fixed that, or is that only the Android version? The Apple app for LeafSpy Pro is v1.7.38 - I assume that is the latest. However, I can find no screen for Brake, Motor, Elevation, or DTE. The trip log shows only 5 entries, from 10/5 to 10/9, and nothing since then. Apparently, it only registers when I have my phone in the car, and am able to log in to something (Bluetooth?). Doesn't the OBD save all that information and then transfer it to LeafSpy? Outside temp also does not show. I am getting screens for Battery Cells, Graphs, Table and Summary. Should there be more?
I am obviously getting readings from something, because when I just went out and tried to connect (unsuccessfully) to WiFi, the program updated to show the correct total odometer mileage and charge left on the battery. So it DOES work on Bluetooth?
Sorry if I am a little dense on picking this up - I just got the car a month ago, and the learning curve on all the bells and whistles is a little slow for me. Thanks for your help.

Hi All,

I have a similar problem. Just got Leaf Spy Pro for iOS, iPhone Xs Max, and a wifi OBDII connector. I followed all instructions but the system doesn't see the SSID. It's connected to the OBDII successfully, but in settings, network just shows none. This works with any other network. The current SSID always keeps showing none. I'm assuming it's something with the version of leaf spy or the combination with the latest iOS version or phone model.

Any suggestions?

sergiom said:
I have a similar problem. Just got Leaf Spy Pro for iOS, iPhone Xs Max, and a wifi OBDII connector. I followed all instructions but the system doesn't see the SSID. It's connected to the OBDII successfully, but in settings, network just shows none. This works with any other network. The current SSID always keeps showing none. I'm assuming it's something with the version of leaf spy or the combination with the latest iOS version or phone model.
Why did you get a wi-fi dongle? Seems like a waste of time. See https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=525414#p525414 straight from the developer himself.

I'm having issues with LELink Auto On/Off.

They have a built-in app called EngineLinkLE, after I set the On/Off from their app, the LELink does the Auto On/Off. However, after using Leafspy Pro, the Auto On/Off feature reverts to default.

I have raised this issue with LELink support, and they advised me to raise this issue with Leafspy support to add the Auto On/Off feature.

bigLITTLE said:
I'm having issues with LELink Auto On/Off.

They have a built-in app called EngineLinkLE, after I set the On/Off from their app, the LELink does the Auto On/Off. However, after using Leafspy Pro, the Auto On/Off feature reverts to default.

I have raised this issue with LELink support, and they advised me to raise this issue with Leafspy support to add the Auto On/Off feature.

I have this exact issue as well, works fine after enabling auto-off in EngineLink app, but reverts to always on after connecting with leafspy.

Hi James, thanks for creating this app, I just upgraded my iOS version to 14 and leaf spy pro no longer boots up, it crashes every time I try to start it. Is there a known issue? Is there a workaround or fix on the way?

Many thanks

Have just downloaded this and installed LELink in my 2014 24kWh Leaf. All seems to work nicely, except I cannot get Dropbox integration to work. The first time LeafSpy Pro started it bought up a web page to sign into Dropbox but as I was in my Leaf in the backyard (where there is no signal) it failed... Never has come up again, the configuration reckons DropBox is enabled (and as I have the DropBox app on my device I wondered if it was being really clever...) but no - nothing seems to be being sent. The instructions mention a long press on something but it is not totally clear on what... to start reconnecting to DropBox.

Apologies if this is a newbie question that has been previously asked - I couldn't see anything directly relevant on the forum when searching for DropBox.

Thanks for your dev and maintenance efforts on this key app, Turbo3. Worked as intended with a Veepeak BLE+ with my 2017 Leaf. Traced an issue with a rear speed sensor (which disabled the ABS and brake-regen systems). $20-$40 part on eBay - but $550 to fix at the dealer (CDN $). Please continue to maintain this valued app. Cheers!

2012 LEAF SL with 63,418 miles. Located in Albuquerque, NM. Owned since December, 2015. Warranty HV battery pack replacement 3/2017.

My Leaf Spy Pro, version 0.45.119 running on an Android phone. LELink 2 installed 10/2018 in Always plugged in to the port. No problems until now.

I haven't driven my LEAF very much over the last 14 months, just under 2,800 miles since 1/1/2020. Sometime during the last 14 months I started to notice that the screen, "Charging Power" stopped functioning. No magenta, no red lines. On the motor power/braking screen, I also noticed that the graph peaks started exceeding the boarders of the charts, which was a new development. How do I fix these two issues?

If one fix is to uninstall and then reinstall the app please provide the links to the previous posts/you tube pages where this has been laid out.

Up until mid-February or so, I didn't have any problems with the car sitting and not being driven for up to a week. I left it plugged into the 240vlt charger. Then we had a cold snap for a few days where the temps didn't get above freezing and when I tried to start the car, the 12volt had lost enough charge to not boot up the car. Put it onto the trickle/charger and after a few days it got back up to 13 volts or so. This happened a couple of times more when the car wasn't driven for 3-5 days. If I drove it a few miles every other day, I didn't have a problem. End of March, first part of April, a couple of times it lost enough charge over night that it wouldn't boot up. After charging it overnight I took the Duracell battery to the store where I bought it from and they load tested it . State of health was at 82% and since the battery was just three years old (3/18) it wasn't eligible for replacing. Over the last 4 days the 12volt has kept enough charge to start the car.

I'm taking the car into my Nissan dealer tomorrow for servicing not related to the charging problem and they will also do an overnight 'parasitic draw' test.

So my question is whether other folks have had charging problems when their LEAFS have not been driven regularly. While there may be something in the car draining the power, is it likely that my LELink 2 is not working?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed K

The 2011 and 2012 models will charge the 12V battery for 5 minutes every 5 days if not plugged in and if nothing is plugged into the OBDII port. The Bluetooth adapter may be interfering with the periodic charging or the 12V battery is getting weak enough that 5 minutes every 5 days is not enough. Also, leaving the car plugged in will cause the 12V battery to discharge after the traction battery is fully charged. It is best to unplug after charging if the car will remain parked. If weather is cold enough to need battery heat, then plug in every couple days (unplug after charging is complete each time).

I don't know if your 2012 works any differently than my 2019, but I had a problem awhile back when we didn't drive the car for several days and the LeLink was plugged in. The 12 volt battery didn't hold enough charge to start the car. Apparently when the LeLink is left plugged in, it pulls enough current that it will slowly discharge the battery. Simple fix - remove the LeLink from the port when you aren't going to be driving the car for a few days. We have had no further problems once we started doing that. Too bad there isn't some way to have the LeLink turn off when the car isn't being driven.

Ancient1 said:
I don't know if your 2012 works any differently than my 2019, but I had a problem awhile back when we didn't drive the car for several days and the LeLink was plugged in. The 12 volt battery didn't hold enough charge to start the car. Apparently when the LeLink is left plugged in, it pulls enough current that it will slowly discharge the battery. Simple fix - remove the LeLink from the port when you aren't going to be driving the car for a few days. We have had no further problems once we started doing that. Too bad there isn't some way to have the LeLink turn off when the car isn't being driven.

It should've been designed to enter a sleep-mode once the CAN bus pins become inactive.

I have a new IPhone 12 and want to know what would be the best Dongle -OBD2 blue tooth or WiFi, To work with the Leaf Spy on my new 2021 Leaf SL plus.
Thanks for your help

Hello James,

I just bought a 2015 Leaf Tekna 24kw and I’m running LeafSpyPro from an iPhone XS with iOS 14.7.1 on it.
The app keeps crashing and when it does work it gets stuck after about 30 second and displays the error “Config ELM01”.

Only way to reconnect is to restart the OBDII and the app. Even then it only works for a short while.

Can you please be so kind as to tell a fix for this?
Many thanks!

Good afternoon dear developers
Why don't you update the version of the program for ios? in the android version, you can change the language of the dashboard, the program has Russian in the interface, on ios the program was updated only 3 years ago

Back