SOLD: 2016 Leaf SV, 10.5k mi., 12 bars, super-clean, $14k

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

This 2016 Leaf SV is in great condition, has never been in an accident, has been driven less than 10.5k miles, and has been located and driven exclusively in the mild climate of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Here's a quick summary of the Leaf's features, and there are links to photos and a current CarFax report farther below.

* Leaf "SV" model + "Premium" package
* Excellent condition!
* Less than 10.5k miles driven
* 30kWh battery
* 12 out of 12 bars battery status (see photo)
* Supports level 1, 2, & 3 charging
* "Around view monitor" cameras
* BOSE sound system
* Extended warranty option available
* One owner (we leased it, then acquired it)
* Priced below CarFax "private party value"
* Current CarFax report available (see below)

The Leaf still displays 12 bars of battery life on its status display, so earlier this month we decided to verify its actual range. To do so, we drove it on a 107.7-mile loop: from Palo Alto to San Gregorio Beach (on the Pacific Coast), and then back over the Santa Cruz Mountains. As seen in the photos below of the Leaf's dash display following the conclusion of the test loop, the battery's estimated remaining charge was 15% and the estimated remaining driving range was displayed as 19 miles. Then the following morning, after charging the Leaf back up to 100%, the dash display showed an estimated driving range of 125 miles (without A/C), and an average energy consumption rate of 5.2 miles/kWh (w/o AC) for the prior day's loop.

PHOTOS

Below are photos showing the car, dash display screens relating to this month's 107.7-mile test loop, and its current Carfax report.

* Front and side views *
http://deviceguru.com/leaf2016-images/leaf2016-front.jpg
http://deviceguru.com/leaf2016-images/leaf2016-side.jpg

* Dash displays, showing charged and energy consumption status following a recent 108-mile loop from Palo Alto to San Gregario beach and back (photos taken Sept 9, 2019):

* Charge status at the end of the recent 107.7 mile test loop:
http://deviceguru.com/leaf2016-images/leaf2016-charge-status-1.jpg

* Charge status the next morning, following recharging:
http://deviceguru.com/leaf2016-images/leaf2016-charge-status-2.jpg
http://deviceguru.com/leaf2016-images/leaf2016-charge-status-3.jpg

* Current CarFax report:
http://deviceguru.com/leaf2016-images/leaf2016-carfaxreport-190930.jpg

EXTENDED WARRANTY OPTION

As noted in the summary list up above, the 2016 Leaf is 6 months into a 5-year Nissan "Security+Plus" extended warranty. For a minimal extra fee, we can have the extended warranty be transferred to the Leaf's new owner.

SageBrush said:
I'm curious why you bought the lease, only to sell it a short time later.

We initially wanted to have 2x EVs, and after getting a 2019 Bolt we noticed after a couple of months that we simply weren't using the Leaf enough to justify its insurance and registration costs. So we figured it would be a great value for someone needing a moderate range EV in excellent condition at less than half the price of a brand new one.

It does seem to be a great buy. It should sell fast at that price.

EDIT: I'm actually considering buying myself, because the range is fine for me, and my buyout is $18k with fees. It would be hard to give up the extra power, though, and maybe to give up Pro Pilot...

As seen in the photos below of the Leaf's dash display following the conclusion of the test loop, the battery's estimated remaining charge was 15% and the estimated remaining driving range was displayed as 19 miles. Then the following morning, after charging the Leaf back up to 100%, the dash display showed an estimated driving range of 125 miles (without A/C), and an average energy consumption rate of 5.2 miles/kWh (w/o AC) for the prior day's loop.

Adjusting the 5.2 m/kwh down to a more average 4.0, that brings the real world range pretty much in line with the original EPA rating of 107. A LeafSpy reading would be helpful, if only to see if my guesstimate of ~97% SOH is correct.

LeftieBiker said:
As seen in the photos below of the Leaf's dash display following the conclusion of the test loop, the battery's estimated remaining charge was 15% and the estimated remaining driving range was displayed as 19 miles. Then the following morning, after charging the Leaf back up to 100%, the dash display showed an estimated driving range of 125 miles (without A/C), and an average energy consumption rate of 5.2 miles/kWh (w/o AC) for the prior day's loop.

Adjusting the 5.2 m/kwh down to a more average 4.0, that brings the real world range pretty much in line with the original EPA rating of 107. A LeafSpy reading would be helpful, if only to see if my guesstimate of ~97% SOH is correct.

our range has generally averaged 4.2 m/kWh

LeftieBiker said:

unfortunately our total buyout was higher than the 14k we're selling, due to sales tax and DMV fees

LeftieBiker said:
It does seem to be a great buy. It should sell fast at that price.

EDIT: I'm actually considering buying myself, because the range is fine for me, and my buyout is $18k with fees. It would be hard to give up the extra power, though, and maybe to give up Pro Pilot...

our total buyout was higher than the 14k we're selling our Leaf for, due to sales tax and DMV fees

Back