1st US Gas Station to Convert from Oil to 100% EV Charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henrydehoja

Opened yesterday in Takoma Park, Maryland...

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/first-gas-station-to-ditch-oil-for-electric-vehicle-charging-now-open.html

It could work.
I probably would have just added some chargers away from the gas pumps.
That way maybe, just maybe the ice people and electric vehicle people might actually talk to each other.

Oilpan4 said:
It could work.
I probably would have just added some chargers away from the gas pumps.
That way maybe, just maybe the ice people and electric vehicle people might actually talk to each other.

umm, hmmm? This is not a gasoline AND charging station. Gasoline is being removed. I think what he is doing is something that will see a HUGE movement in the near future. Selling gas is not a big moneymaker. Oil Companies usually only pay the expenses and provides a small stipend to the owner. So impossible to survive on so concessions is what keeps the doors open.

I know the standard "get there now" attitude most people have will make this seem like an alien concept that people will want to come here and sit around for 20 - 60 mins but we also said the same thing about Starbucks...

I know it's not a charge and gas station. I'm just saying what I would try. Then if the charger customers brought in more money than the gas pump customers which I don't think would be too difficult I would get rid of all the gas pumps too.
The guys in md made it very clear they are going straight to all electric.
Plus it looks like a city gas station, inside the inner loop, not really a stop for a "get there now" road trip.

Back