Dead 2018 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keido

Have vehicle for 12 months; Went to start and absolutely no sign of life on the dash regardless of which key fob used. 12V battery was jumped and car responded with correct starting sequence. Took to dealer: "no sign of abnormality...no codes indicating problems". Find that hard to believe. Anyone have similar issues with 2018 Leaf mfg in 03/18?

keido said:
Have vehicle for 12 months; Went to start and absolutely no sign of life on the dash regardless of which key fob used. 12V battery was jumped and car responded with correct starting sequence. Took to dealer: "no sign of abnormality...no codes indicating problems". Find that hard to believe. Anyone have similar issues with 2018 Leaf mfg in 03/18?

Did they test the 12V battery to see if it was defective?
Did you leave something plugged into the OBD port?
Did you leave the lights on?

On some Leafs, leaving the charge cable connected can drain the 12V battery. I leave mine plugged in all the time with no issues.

Pull the caps on the 12V battery and make sure all the cells are filled. If not, top them off with Distilled water. If the dealer did not check, you can take the car to any auto parts store and have them test the 12V battery.

Back