2016 USA vs Canadian Models HD Radio.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that in the US 2016 leaf HD Radio is available, the Canadian models as it wasn't a Canadian Standard yet. I'm taking a wild guess that the actual units in the cars are the same, but the feature was somehow disabled in canadian models. I search high an low for any hint if this is true, and if it could be activated but can't find it. Is what I'm thinking correct and is there way to activate HD radio in it?

I believe you're talking about HD FM radio? If so, certain FM radio stations in Canada are broadcasting in HD, many are still not.

Here's a link for stations that are broadcasting in HD in Canada https://hdradio.com/canada/

Depending on where you live, you might be able to receive HD FM radio. The "bigger" stations will convert first. Other smaller markets may take a while. Given the pletora of choices for music in the car (Sirius XM, Podcasts, USB port, Bluetooth connection to your mobile), smaller "budget" radio stations may never convert.

CORRECTION: I just checked with my 2018 SV. The Canadian radios differ from the US in that we do not have HD radio. Which is weird, as my old 2013 RAV4 did have HD radio. Sorry for any confusion.

Back