How To: Reverse Backup Camera for SV Model w/ OEM Telematics

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked 12V power with multimeter and I get 12V definitely.
Tried removing Video Sense wire and same result. No video on reverse but Black screen with reverse camera guide lines.
Tried wiring pigtail on video rca to 12 volts and other side to female rca + wire. Got a video but not clear. Strange. Quite intermittent although wire on 12V has been firmly connected manually. It looks like i got the wiring for the video sense and shield correct since I am getting video and can see self when camera is pointed to yourself but no clear enough to be usable.

Can this still be due to grounding?

You're obviously on the right track if you have video of any kind. I doubt the ground is your issue but should be easy enough to check.

Quite strange now as suddenly my monitor does not show this black screen with guidelines anymore when I go on reverse. I was playing around with my head unit and it suddenly does not go on reverse camera mode when I hit reverse. It stays as is. I don't believe I could have pressed a button in the menu to cause this. Also I could not find any camera in settings and not even in the diagnostic menu. What could have happened. Could my grounding wire have fallen off? I think that's unlikely. What button in the unit could I have pressed. I remember seeing a camera under settings menu but now it's gone. It should be just under the cloud k adjustment menu but now it's only the voice activation menu. HELP!!!

Yes!!! Successfully installed my NZD$6 or US$4 reversing camera on my 2011 gen1 Leaf X trim. Finally. Just had problems with my crimps on my splicer. In summary, opened C-pillar and grounded pin 11 of B18 connector. Cut pin18 (video sense) and pin17 (video shield) of B18 and connected them to a wire to female RCA connector. Wired the camera power to the red and purple wire in B80 located behind the left side trunk trim and connected the ground to the same ground of pin 11. Actually can splice pin 11 to this camera ground wire and connect to the ground in the C-pillar. Just make sure you have continuity in each connection which was the bulk of my problem and it should work. I connected my camera using 3M tape so I can adjust it easily on the left of the rear hatch opener. Just connect the RCA cable and power cable to your camera and voila!

Acura4Ever said:
Just finished install my rear cheapo camera with the man in middle connector. Easier to install and took 5 minutes. The wiring from the rear to the front took most of the time but now it's done.

https://car-solutions.com/en/camera-connection-cable-for-nissan-leaf.php

I ordered one of these, it showed up within a week. It shipped from Hong Kong and is labeled as made in Ukraine. I'm going to try an install using one of the cameras that fits into the license plate light slot.

While I was waiting for the harness to arrive, I noticed that they are also available on Amazon. https://smile.amazon.com/Reverse-Camera-Connection-Nissan-Monitor/dp/B07FG7XTVF/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=nissan+leaf+backup+camera&qid=1562112581&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I'm going to try it with this camera. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N431HPD/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A37VZBEPQOVRW2&psc=1

Hello.
I am about to install a back up camera. Wondering if this combination worked? Would like to do this as simple as possible :)

Did your camera get install properly?
Just got a 2013 SV and I'm thinking of doing so myself but have a few questions:
1. Does the new camera have to be a 6 volt camera? Most new cameras I see are 12 volts.
2. The video for the 2013 SV install mentiions connecting 4 wires to the driver's kick panel connector. Most cameras that I see have only 3 wires. One for the video, one for the ground, and one for the power source. What's the 4th wire for? Is the video wire split in two? Do I have to cut off the RCA jack?
3. Can I install the Car Reverse Rear View Camera Connection Cable for Nissan Leaf https://www.amazon.com/Reverse-Camera-Connection-Nissan-Monitor/dp/B07FG7XTVF/?tag=myelecarfor-20&&pldnSite=1
at the driver's kick panel instead of behind the radio/monitor?

Thanks.

Hi, great instructions that I can almost follow. But for some reason I can't see the photos you have posted. Any tips?

Back