Origin of your screen name

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloBillsfan

How did everyone come up with their screen names? Mine is self explanatory. I assume Leftiebiker is because he is left handed and rides a motorcycle. How far off am I?

BuffaloBillsfan said:
How did everyone come up with their screen names? Mine is self explanatory. I assume Leftiebiker is because he is left handed and rides a motorcycle. How far off am I?

Close. Politically Left, ambidextrous (born left-handed), yes on the motorcycles but also a bicyclist, and IIRC, the more accurate spelling of the name was taken at the time. I didn't want to be numbered like a clone.

BuffaloBillsfan said:
Mine is self explanatory.
Sorry, don’t get the part about self-explanatory. Are there a lot of buffaloes named Bill? Are there enough for them to enjoy fans? What do the fans do? Is fandom manifested by watching the herd graze? Very confused here.

As to my moniker, I live in Salisbury, North Carolina and Sam is alliterative. When I lived in Ohio in a suburb of Columbus I was BlacklickBob. Maybe someday I’ll be TegucigalpaTerence, who knows?

And do let us know if the buffaloes do something out of the ordinary...inquiring minds, ya know!

Fun thread.

SalisburySam said:
BuffaloBillsfan said:
Sorry, don’t get the part about self-explanatory. Are there a lot of buffaloes named Bill? Are there enough for them to enjoy fans? What do the fans do? Is fandom manifested by watched the herd graze? Very confused here.

As to my moniker, I live in Salisbury, North Carolina and Sam is alliterative. When I lived in Ohio in a suburb of Columbus I was BlacklickBob. Maybe someday I’ll be TegucigalpaTerence, who knows?

And do let us know if the buffaloes do something out of the ordinary...inquiring minds, ya know!

Fun thread.

Although that is a very good theory, I am a fan of the Buffalo Bills, from the athletically challenged city I live very close to , who has never won a super bowl or a Stanley cup, Buffalo, NY. I wonder what the driving the Leaf in the summer will be like, as I got mine on oct. 13th. I almost always charge on a QC that is less than a tenth of a mile away from me. Looking forward to getting a house in a little over a year from now. I know that's more than what you asked for but now you know a little more about me.

BuffaloBillsfan said:
SalisburySam said:
BuffaloBillsfan said:
Sorry, don’t get the part about self-explanatory. Are there a lot of buffaloes named Bill? Are there enough for them to enjoy fans? What do the fans do? Is fandom manifested by watched the herd graze? Very confused here.

Fun thread.

Although that is a very good theory, I am a fan of the Buffalo Bills, from the athletically challenged city I live very close to , who has never won a super bowl or a Stanley cup, Buffalo, NY. I wonder what the driving the Leaf in the summer will be like, as I got mine on oct. 13th. I almost always charge on a QC that is less than a tenth of a mile away from me. Looking forward to getting a house in a little over a year from now. I know that's more than what you asked for but now you know a little more about me.
Aaah, I'm wrong again I see. Happens more and more lately. I guess your etymology works, too.

As for summer driving, I enjoy that a whole lot more than winter driving since the HVAC chiller doesn't impact range nearly as much as the resistance heater in my 2012 SL. That said, my black car heats up mightily fast getting to 125ºF inside the vehicle within about 15 minutes in the sun. Almost any trip you take will require triggering the HVAC to cool the inside at least 10 or so minutes before you get back into the car. On short stops, I leave the vehicle running but take the key and lock the doors.

I also check the tire pressures (I use 40psi all year, tested and adjusted when cold) every few weeks...still original tires.

Good luck with the home ownership fund. Save a few Benjamins for a nice 30-amp or so 240v charging station and installation. Even with a QC close by, you might need to charge at home some times for whatever reason.

Our neighbor always mis-pronounced our dog's name as "Nubo". After awhile we stopped correcting him. Eventually we decided Nubo was our dog's evil twin. So whenever he misbehaved, we'd just say "it's Nubo again...". His real name was Naboo, after the planet in Star Wars.

Back